1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

DEV's *sighs* Really?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by MalagAste, Dec 22, 2010.

1. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Ok... so today I started playing with my metal dye tub... and I noticed that it said you can dye metal chests... I'm thinking WHOOT now I can dye those chest it'll be awesome.

All I can say is *&*$&*%^*..... for the love of pete... I can seriously only dye the PLAIN fished up chests???? What kind of coding is that!

I can't dye the paragon chests? And are they not metal? Why can't I dye them?

I have 100's of paragon chests... and I can't dye them... *&$*&^%*&$%*$

Also.... rings and Bracelets aren't metal???? Really..... I make them with metal. What are they then, plastic?

2. Babble

Babble Guest

Really :p

Because the developers think that the paragon colours are so lewt that they do not need to be dyed.

Though I think they never thought about paragon chests, though I know no reason why they are not metal chests in their code...

3. Ive have 50 dyed metal chests. Miamasa. Even a mongbat.

4. koris

koris Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

This is just wrong. I hope its a slight oversight and they will fix it with a mini patch soon.

5. MalagAste

Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

How did you dye them? It keeps telling me I can only dye metal? Were they the base metal to begin with?

6. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I just tried this on some chests. The ones with the light bands at the edges dyed fine, the ones with the darker bands gave the error message.

In terms of the base item, the ones with gold banding on a grey chest will dye, the ones with grey banding on a grey chest won't.

7. Kas Althume

Kas Althume Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I could dye metal chests too (paragon).

[​IMG]
    I could dye the chest iam pointing at just fine. I can't dye the chests marked with the red circle. Those are from plague beasts. Have to tried chaning the facing of the chests? Do you have the chests with the thick border (the original colored chests have a yellow border) like i do or the "solid" ones without the thick border?

8. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Natural dyes I assume. That's what I used to dye mine.

9. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder

I've just dyed a miasma chest.

Probably only the chest spawned after the publish can be dyed?

10. Demonous

Demonous Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010

i tried to dye the small golden metal boxes which are named "metal box" but it doesn't let me :(

11. MalagAste

Seems to me I can only seem to dye the plain chests with the gold border.

None of the colored chests. And does anyone else find it odd you can't dye jewelery with it? I would think rings, bracelets and necklaces were all "metal" as well as lanterns. But maybe I'm just thinking too much with this.

I'm thinking if it's made of metal it should be dyable with a metal dye tub. Won't even dye those gold metal boxes either.... and funny thing is they say "metal box".... Now I can see why it would be bad to dye metal ingots.... but not being able to dye all the pargon chests.. that's not right.

I can dye weapons but not metal plates, cups, goblets... seems odd doesn't it?

To me metal is metal.

12. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox

You can dye coloured chests, I just did, but they have to be the ones with the lighter bands - ie based on the plain chest with gold bands.

Whoever added these to the dyable list forgot that the metal chests come in two distinct types and only added one I guess. It's something that can probably be easily fixed after the holidays.

13. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot

Indeed, But it's what the game sees. Devs need to add items to the dyable list manually, They likely done all the armour and weapons and a couple of chests thinking that would be enough. I'm sure they will add to this list over time like other dye tubs.

14. Well in truth metal cant be dyed. Electroplated maybe.

15. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

drop hair coloring on metal and see what happens.

16. Zosimus

Zosimus Grand Inquisitor

This is right from Black_Sun

This is right from Petra. The devs will have to add the code for the other metal chests.

Its seriously a game stopping issue if you cant dye the darker band metal chests. :p Kidding lol

17. MalagAste

I'm not saying it is... but if your a dev and you put in the notes hey you can dye metal chests..... Um.. don't you think you should be able to dye metal chests?

Armor and weapons are dyable.... but not jewelery?? Seems strange...

Metal is metal... and a metal dye tub should dye METAL
    not some metal.

Just more lazy coding if you ask me.

18. Flutter

Flutter Always Present

I haven't run into an issue yet.

If it helps you can make wooden chests out of special woods and use natural dyes on them.

I am one of the few people who like the dumb colors of the metal dye tub though ;)

19. MalagAste

I would prefer to just dye the 100's of chests I'm currently already using rather than MOVE all my crap to new chests... but I suppose that would make sense... Yes craft a crap load of more lockdowns to fill up my house with...

great.... not.

No I just will I suppose NOT use the dye tub on them.

20. JC the Builder

JC the Builder Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Being able to dye paragon chests would defeat the challenge of collecting them.

21. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

I tried to bring this to their attention, mentioned it in a previous thread ... also mentioned glasses, not sure if those can be dyed? I thought glasses would be the big thing people would complain about.