1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

(DEVS) SMALL WEAPON OVERSIGHT I'M SURE

Discussion in 'UHall' started by mjolnir131, Oct 8, 2009.

1. mjolnir131

mjolnir131 Guest

Nothing will alter to a glass sword,you have several that make the other swords but nothing that will make a glass sword unless i missed one.

2. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I'm not sure what you mean ... glass swords don't need to be altered since they're gargoyle equipment already.

(If you're asking what tool is used to make them, it's a glassblowing pipe)

3. mjolnir131

mjolnir131 Guest

braod swords make dread swords,viking swords make a stone sword etc etc, nothing will make a glass sword

4. Wilde1

Wilde1 Guest

you can make a glass sword with the glassblowing skill (go figure ;))

5. WarUltima

WarUltima Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Hes asking for the ability to be able to alter some of the existing human/elf swords to glass swords, without having to actually craft glass swords.

6. mjolnir131

mjolnir131 Guest

which is perfectly fine if you have a runic blowpipe,but if you only have a runic hammer then there is a problem

7. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

He means nothing alters *into* them.

Used to have several swords alter into them in beta, but for some odd reason, they took that out and now those swords don't alter at all.
    Same with Glass Staffs

8. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Oops ... sorry about misreading your post.

I would expect that to come from a one-handed weapon like a katana or a bokuto ... hmm ... *notes they can't be altered into anything*

*goes over to TC1 to check against a character with both blacksmithing and alchemy/glassblowing ... nothing*

Well, at least they can still be imbued.

9. mjolnir131

mjolnir131 Guest

bokuto i have not tried, it's a carp weapon hopeing thats it so then i can trade a heartwood fletching for a saw,otherwise it appears to be the only weapon not atlrable(sp)

and it's she, i know the last 6 years i have been really indiffernt about pronouns,but lately i have been,maybe it's the sexist jerks i have to deal with at the loading docks.I'm sure it's nothing to do with you fine ppl here

10. mjolnir131

mjolnir131 Guest

tried bukato and got nojoy, so glass swords can't be make outside of glassblowing unlike any other weapon or sheild

11. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

I've been trying to save slayer versions of these and other gargoyle weapons in hopes of being able to add useful mods to them with imbuing. Have actually started to get a few too many to store at the house lately, so I guess I'd better speed up finishing the imbuing and give serious consideration to making a gargoyle with throwing skill and who knows what else.

12. mjolnir131

mjolnir131 Guest

Thats what i wanted a glass sword for, was training my throwers swords i have a dread sword with 30 SSI well see how that works.

I'm hoping thats an oversight they plan on fixing fairly quickly.

13. Ailish

Ailish Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

In testing it was a katana ... I take it that is not working?

14. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

That's the thing, this isn't a bug, it was a deliberate change. Worked just fine in Beta, then several alterations changed between beta and release.

15. mjolnir131

mjolnir131 Guest

no when you have one weapon that is not makable out of all the new weapons and shields thats probably not intended,it's certainly not going to throw the game out off balance with the number of them that drop off mobs. my guess would be they only meant to have one and got over zealous cutting down the options