1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Devs - Sound file bug?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by SchezwanBeefy, Oct 28, 2010.

1. SchezwanBeefy

SchezwanBeefy Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I was running around a friend today and in vent he said "why do I hear horse foot steps?"
    I said, "I dunno, I'm on foot, maybe you're going crazy."
    So I hoped on my mount, ran around, jumped off and on his side he still heard the horse foot steps instead of human foot steps, while I heard the correct thing.
    However, when he hopped off his mount, I heard the same thing - while he was running unmounted, it sounded like the mounted foot steps.
    Very peculiar!!

2. SchezwanBeefy

SchezwanBeefy Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Btws, the mounts were ethys. =]

3. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

That's... weird.

On another sound-related subject - now that the music that suddenly replaced Buc's Den's background music, is now the music for the Floating Emporium, can we have the original Buc's Den music back for Buc's Den???

4. sablestorm

sablestorm Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

It's the headless horseman stalking you guys!

5. Babble

Babble Guest

I have to check but yesterday I could have sworn the jungle loop sound bug was back.
    :p

6. Jimmy Pop

Jimmy Pop Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

I don't think the jungle sound bug was ever fixed, just worked around.

If you spend any time in the jungle, you know the sounds that constantly repeat no matter where you are. The only way to eliminate them is to close the client and reload. You can even hear them at the empty login screen.

It used to be more pronounced. What I believe they did was to reduce the sound level when you weren't in the jungle instead of stopping the sound completely when you weren't in the jungle.

You can test it... just do a jungle run then go somewhere else (desert?) where the sounds won't be. Turn your headphones/speakers waaaay up... I'll bet you still hear jungle. Log out.... I'll bet it's still there.

7. WarderDragon

WarderDragon Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni BRPA

Same problem.

8. PsychoKinetic

PsychoKinetic Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Same here. Friend was on EC, I was on CC.