1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Devs what do you think of an ingame townhall?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by lucitus, Sep 7, 2010.

1. lucitus

lucitus UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

I have thought about that many times, also when i was in UOSA beta, but i forgot it to share. My idea this time was to make a ingame launchparty with the Devs who hardly worked on the Addon.

Now is the question, UO is such a fantastic game, brought many friends in my life, also from far far away, why not doing an ingame "Townhall"? Like every year, or after the Sea booster launches, to have fun and get a view infos about it. Maybe a cool demonstration ;) it is your game, it is your choice!

Why not using the game you are changing and creating, so that everybody can come and join into such a big nice event, with funny and maybe special things of your fantasy from both sides?

2. Tazar

Tazar Guest

Online, many people will do things that they would never do face to face. After seeing how EM-Meet and Greets - and even Goodman's memorial service went, I just can't see how an in-game version could work.

SPAM-SPAM-SPAM
    Gimme-Gimme-Gimme
    *Pops a Harrower*
    x50

*sighs*

3. Dubar

Dubar Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

yeah theyd spend the whole time squelching players, i think IRC house of commons chat is as close as were gonna get

4. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Now I don't know....... back when 3rd dawn came out they used to come and do live townhalls on the various shards.

I recall one or two such meetings. I used to love them.

5. Martyna Zmuir

Martyna Zmuir Crazed Zealot

I remember them too... They were awful and unproductive. To many people shouting questions over eachother and not enough squelching of the 12yo potty-mouths.

Stick to live Town Halls or the slow as snails UOHoC.

6. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Maybe squelch everyone, then people get picked to talk or something? I bet it could be done.

7. lucitus

lucitus UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

I understand but at the last Townhall chat i was suprised to get such a clear chatlog.

It is clear that there have to be moderators and that the access is limited, but this are all problems that could be solved.

Maybe also one of us players is interested to plan such an event, and invite a Dev to join to get only one theme discussion for example.