1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Dev's Why do I as an Elf Get Pitch Black Nites

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Snakeman, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Snakeman

Snakeman UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

And Dark nites is NOT checked. This happens on My Elf & Human with Noc Earings & with 2 pieces of Nite Sight Clothing on.

[​IMG]

2. Giggles

Giggles Forum Administrator
    Administrator Moderator Professional Stratics Veteran Social Media Liaison Campaign Supporter The Squirrel Empire

One of the many silly bugs. Happens to my elf's once in awhile. I just cast night sight and it fixes it and doesn't happen again for awhile.

3. Infiniti

Infiniti Guest

Happens to my elf wearing nocturne earrings as well. It is annoying to have to stop and pull up paperdoll and remove/replace earrings. Especially when in the heat of battle! :gun:

4. Ailish

Ailish Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Particularly if an elf is wearing night sight armor or jewels, this will happen from time to time. You have to remove/replace the item to reset it.

5. Snakeman

I have done the remove replace I bet 20 times tonight alone on the 2 Diff Chara's. Tt hasn't helped (had friend cast nitesight & fine as long as I stay still or in "X Area" squares, but the moment I go out & back to that same area again, pitch black) Even did count resources on UOA to see, nope. Stripped & re-equipted all armour, nope. In fact my warrior elf has not one piece of Nitesight equiptment on & it's happening on her to boot :eek:. must be just a bad elf :D

[​IMG]

6. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

You tried logging out then back in?

7. Littleblue

Littleblue Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Strange. I've experienced this with the Nocturne Earrings, too.

You would think that NightSight would be hard-coded as 'always on' for Elves...aren't they supposed to have permanent NightSight? If so, why would there be duration or on/off variables even included with the Elven NightSight Ability code?

Makes me wonder if the regular NightSight functions from the spell/potion code were copied and used to implement the Elven NightSight Ability.
    Seems with this bug occuring, it might be more efficient to create an individual NightSight function for Elves that doesn't even have duration/on/off variables included. The Nocturne Earrings could benefit from this new and improved code, too.

If Server Lines are partly to blame for the sudden darkness, perhaps the new "always on" NightSight function should be automatically triggered whenever a character crosses onto another Server, assuming they are Elves or wearing Nocturne Earrings. :)

8. Lady Michelle

Lady Michelle Sprite Full SP
    Stratics Veteran The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Go to options click on the icon that looks like a eye scroll down til you see dark nights, and colored lighting. Make sure dark nights is not checked, and check mark colored lighting. works the same for human characters to

9. Snakeman

Yup done log in & out (many times) Nitesight potions or spell both work, but as soon as you go out of that area it goes dark, can be 5 steps or 2, so the Time limit on the nitesight potion or nitesight spell isn't the problem, it is something to do with the area is all I can figure. Just like the orig Champ Spawn Timers, in one area is it light, where the hot spawn is, it is dark. But thing is, it can happen near the alter area or 3 screens away... Or anywhere.

My 1st Line I said Dark Nites wasn't checked that is the problem. (colored lighting is checked, I dbl ck'd that), Like many have said, normally taking off the nitesight item & putting it back on would correct this (or cast it) but now for the last couple of weeks that does not work & on my Elf is seriously annoying

10. I have the same issue on the one character I have that is both elf and has an item that has Night Sight on it. For the most part it seems to trigger as the UO day turns to night, but champ spawn areas work differently for some reason. It can trigger the day/night switch at any time, but I agree that it gets to be a pain to constantly have to remove/replace the item with Night Sight on it.

I've also noticed that the switch to Fel landscape when I'm in Tram/Ilsh/Tokuno also coincides with the day/night switch.

11. Snakeman

ya the nite/day does trigger the Fel landscape also, always thought that one was just funny & helpful to boot. Ya if the problem was with just one character I could deal with it, but at least 3 of my 4 mains this happens too & is a bit too much. I have not checked any more, said * It no need getting more ripped off :sleep2:.

12. Raina

Raina Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Epic Coding Failure? That's been an issue for what, how many years now?

~Rai

13. Tom_Builder

Tom_Builder Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Same here.

14. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

You have weak eyes!..... My eyes are fine in the dark .... never have a problem.... though I never have worn anything that would "aid" the weak eyed humans.

15. UltimatePower

UltimatePower Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Its something to do with the area around the ish oaks spawn. Happened to me last night, certain areas around the alter are fine, others are not.

16. Snakeman

The Characters are Not all Human, Three are Elf "Smurfs" !

17. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Yes I'm aware they are........ and they have the weak eyes of a human...... as in Your elf is weak!!!!!!! They are inferior..... MY eyes are just fine!