1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Devs you really need to add "select next - player" to targeting system.

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Saint of Killers, Jul 20, 2010.

1. Saint of Killers

Stratics Veteran

It should have been implemented initially, and I can't believe no one has complained about it. It's very annoying to have to toggle through a slew of player vendors, pixies, pets etc.

Can you just add "players" as an option finally?

Please?

2. Think of how that would affect pvp...I can't imagine they'd add this in, although it would be awesome.

3. puni666

puni666 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Sorry sir but our first priority is treasure map loot atm. Please try again later and thank you for your time.

4. puni666

puni666 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

How drastically do you think it could really effect pvp lol jeez. Simply switching between a few less targets isn't a huge ordeal. I use both targeting systems it works really well for dismounting two or three people really fast. Attack selected target before that get another guy on last target then attack last target macro and while you're doing that hit your select next mobile macro to get a third guy on target then attack selected target again :D.

5. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

If they implemented that I'd probably start using the targetting system.

Saint, your sig needs updating again. I would appreciate it if it could somehow capture the awesomeness of Lunchbox.

6. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I don't see, personally, why this would not be a good idea.

Has anyone else ever noticed that sometimes the "new targeting system" (it's several years old now but the classic client still calls it "new") sometimes doesn't recognize a player as a "mobile?" Even while they are moving?

-Galen's player

7. lucitus

lucitus UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

Very good function for both clients.

8. Harlequin

Harlequin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I have asked for a tageting system based on checkboxes.

For red/grey/blue/yellow/orange. Well not exactly based on colours, coz players can change the default colours, but that's the rough idea.

Perhaps another set of boxes for mobs/players/npc would be good.

Btw OP, depending on what template you are using, you can try using select nearest mob or nearest hostile.

9. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Is there a keyboard command to step through the available targets for the Classic Client? I'd love to find the CC has such a feature.

10. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

There are things like "target nearest hostile," and "target nearest mobile." For some reason the latter only sometimes works on players, even though they're mobile just by definition. There's also various "target next"s that I have not explored.

This is all under the "new targeting system" that is in fact not all that new. You have to make a macro to toggle the system; then you toggle into it; then you have to make macros for its various features. (About which I know very little.)

-Galen's player

11. Harlequin

Stratics Veteran

Yes there is, available in both the CC's new targetting system and the original targetting system.

Create a macro and look for "select next" and "select previous".

Old targeting system only allows you to cycle among all eligible targets including vendors etc (I think that is what the OP is using). It does show a small health indicator below the selected mob and sets your last target.

The new targetting system allows you to further customize your targets to mobs or hostiles etc plus it, allows you to select nearest one, also sets your last target in the CC at the same time (but it doesn't pass it to UOA last target), plus it brings up your current target's health bar.

Awesome eh? But I want it to be even more awesome, yes, I'm greedy!

12. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot

Can you post an example of the command lines to include? I tried 'Next target' alone, 'Next Target' & 'Wait for Target', then 'Select Next' alone. All hitting the macro keys did was make my computer give a beep.

13. Harlequin

Stratics Veteran

For the beep issue, it means there is a problem using that keystroke. Check your other thread for my reply on what to check for.

I will try to provide the example later.

14. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot

Got it. :)

I'm going to love this <g>

I do need to go in and check out all the additions to the macro command list. It's definitely been added to. Now if I can figure out what half of the new ones are for. Some of the last couple of dozen are a bit 'huh'? <chuckle>

But what can I say, :) No more swiping the cursor over moving antimated monsters trying over & over & over & over for a health bar to target. :)

It's certainly going to make life easier hunting the fast-movers.:)

15. puni666

puni666 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I noticed that, but if you're moving it counts them as mobile. So I just run tiny circles till I get whoever on target.