1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Devs!

Discussion in 'UHall' started by cazador, Jun 21, 2013.

1. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I know this is a want,want,want...gimmie,gimmie,gimmie thread butttttt...

Can we please add some spice back into adventuring..random items unlock throughout the world at random times..not rubble but random things in dungeons/instances encounters like the Lich spawn does..I'm talking a list that can updated and changed from month to month or every 6-8 months..all tagged with a unique ID to protect rares

Dislodged Rocks(small,medium,large)

Tree Branches

Loose Ruins

Wet Blood

Misplaced Playing Cards

Broken Plates

Flowers

Things that would make sense to become "unlocked" and spawn randomly anywhere (Trammel,Fel,Ilsh,Ter Mur,Tokuno,Malas)

Once an item is picked up a random spawn generator is started that could range from 1 minute to 1 week to limit the drop rates..it will give people a reason to "explore" again.

No matter what anyone says this game is designed to be about "eye candy" so give the masses an additional variable to what they do when they play

Dungeon specific drops
    Tram Despise
    Andros' Lost Boots
    Fel Despise
    Broken Piper Flute

Etc etc...

I know it would be alot of work and the team is small, and how some people would say oh it's a waste of time enjoy what we have, but ALOT of people would enjoy just adventuring and by mistake run into a "Broken Necklace" deep in the woods of Minoc and things like that..

So flame on flamers :)

2. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I think that's a brilliant idea ...... I second it!

3. Mervyn

Mervyn Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

This is the absolute worst idea I've ever heard, this must just be a troll.

Have you thought for a second what this would do to young trammel players???

AND What about those who lose connection and someone else comes along and pics up the object before you get to it?

The new players will leave the GZ and get killed in the forest!!! you must allow people to be invincible outside the guardzones all the time so we can pick up these objects.

Doubleplay and hen like this.
  4. Aibal

Aibal Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

If they watch your video Mervyn, I'm sure they'll be able to cope! :)

5. The Zog historian

The Zog historian Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Why should this affect them? For the most part they already couldn't adventure to any dangerous spots where things might spawn. Also, they could take advantage of young status to explore around, perhaps stumbling on a rarer item that could be sold for a nice starting bankroll.

You're being absurd. Do you also worry if someone loses connection after killing a champ spawn, then gets PKd and loses scrolls? The chances are so remote that the scenario isn't worth 0.68 seconds of thought.

Unless you played in UO's first couple of years, you know nothing about connection drops, when server hops were unreliable and nearly every player was on dial-up. We didn't like it, but it was part of the game.

Now you are the one trolling.

6. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

The sort of questions that make your idea of "resurrecting only once an hour" terrible. However, I fail to see why this makes the OP idea so bad...

#6 Viper09, Jun 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2013
  7. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I assume this is mostly sarcasm..atleast I hope lol..

Again not for everyone..most people wouldn't even look for it..but it would be interesting to see the cool random items to spawn in remote places..

A living timer would be nice too..

Say you find a pile of bones "Stranded Traveler's Bones on dot island and nobody has "claimed/picked up" for 2 weeks when someone finally does pick up it would say

"Stranded Traveler's Bones"
    "Age: 2 Weeks"
    0/0 Items 0/125Stones

May add to rarity..and promote adventuring for the pixel geeks out there

Lord Frodo and legendsguy like this.
  8. weins201

weins201 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

there is a place for this to be posted post it there.

AND NO to more usless Pixel Crack, FIX FIX THE BROKEN STUFF FIRST

The Zog historian likes this.
  9. Lythos-

Lythos- Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I want mindless old school Chaos/Order with a kill-death counter like on TC then you guys can have the rest of the game. :thumbup:

cazador, hen and yars like this.
  10. Blood Ghoul

This is a good idea... The game does need something other than a "new champ" for us to do. There are areas of this game which I am sure no one has hunted at in 5+ years. At first when I read the new update note I was really upset over the change to healing adding aggro. I could just see my Tamer getting aggro all the time as he tries to heal his GD. But then I thought..Why am I getting upset since I haven't killed a single thing in probably over 8 months. There is really zero to do in UO anymore for myself other than work vendors and the random IDOC. I really think they should make it so all mosters have a rare chance of dropping something out of the ordinary

11. Mervyn

Mervyn Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I can confirm my post on this thread was sarcasm, pointing out the mentality of some trammel players on this forum. I have no problem with the original post and agree it's an interesting idea.

12. Warpig Inc

Warpig Inc Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Thinking more along the drop style of the moonstone ring and bracelet. Just take a creature type for a duration that has that 1 in 25,000 drop rate. Nothing crazy. Just needs to be unique named gear that can be imbued, reforged, enhanced and refined if the owner wishes. Moonstone color changing is the only thing not (or should ever be) in a player's dye tub. I nominate the Plague Beast Lord for the first 6 month run. Never did get that puzzle down to an art form. Random head gear run with random 10 skill would be nice bonus. Spins the big RNG wheel hoping for a 10 archery tricorn for my fisher or 10 tinkering floppy hat for my crafter. Running around mashing the Ctrl Shift keys sounds about as fun as returning containers to their owner. Once a hot spot is found let the griefing/botting begin.

#12 Warpig Inc, Jun 22, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2013
  13. Doubleplay

Doubleplay Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Good try. Gotta remember the words of Johnathan Swift, "Where I am not understood, it shall be concluded that something very useful and profound is couched underneath."