1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Fishing] Dex and Fishing

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by Katrena, Nov 13, 2010.

1. Katrena

Katrena Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Hi,

I notice on the Stratics Skill Management page that Dex is the primary stat for fishing. How does Dex affect fishing? For a typical fisherman, what should be my Dex setting?

Thanks,

Katrena

2. Dex doesn't affect fishing, but it is a good skill to use to raise dex. Being a primary stat means it gets the first skill check for an increase.

What you dex stat should be depends on your skill sets. For example, if your fisher is primarily a mage, then you don't need much dex and I'd keep it at 15, or less. If your fisher is an archer (mine is) then you want it to be as high as possible for faster swing speed.

3. Katrena

Katrena Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Hi, Old Man of UO

Thanks for the reply and answer. I was wondering if stats or skill level had anything to do with the time frame between when you cast and eventually get a message or fish.

Thanks, Katrena

4. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Nope but I wish it did

5. Now THAT is a great suggestion to turn into the Developers!