1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

(Question) Dex VS Stamina

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Guardian KX, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Guardian KX

Guardian KX Lore Keeper

I currently have my fixed dexterity set at 44 Dex. I use 2 jewels with 8 Dex each on them for a total of 60 Dex. I then have 40 Stamina imbued on my armor giving me a total of 100 Stamina. Im using a Comp bow with 30 SSI on it. I fire pretty fast in my opinion (enough to kill mage things before they can mage reheal anyway, or healing things like Juka Lords). So I'm thinking im firing at 100 speed rate.
    My Questions are this;
    1) If I go 100 or 125 DEX (not Stamina) will I fire faster?
    2) Is having 100 Stamina the SAME as 100 DEX or is the extra 40 stamina just a pool I have that when I get hit I wont fire slower till I drop below the 60 Natural DEX?
    3) Do you know what the lowest DEX (or Stamina) I can have to be firing at max rate with my 30 SSI bow? (So im not wasting points being 125 DEX when I fire the same rate at 80 DEX for example).
    Thank You for your input.

2. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

Blaeke likes this.
  3. Førsaken_

Førsaken_ Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Firstly, weapon swing speed goes entirely off stamina. There are multiple sites, including Stratics with a swing speed calculator. You plug in the weapon speed (i.e. 4 weapon speed on a comp bow), your stamina, and your swing speed increase.

Secondly, you should be wanting to swing your comp bow at a minimum 1.5 seconds for PvP, which would require you to have: 45 SSI minimum, 180 staminia.

If you have a stock pile of decent 5-10 ssi jewels, great, else you'll probably need to Siege bless a 45-50 SSI comp bow. Tbh, you'll probably want to just make a nice 45-50 SSI comp bow, that way you can use more crafted jewels and put 40-50 EP on them.

Just my $.02

#3 Førsaken_, Jun 5, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2013
    Blaeke likes this.