1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Dexers or mages on your shard?

Discussion in 'UO Factions' started by Splup, Jan 31, 2010.

More mages or dexers around in PvP on your shard?

1. Mostly dexers

22 vote(s)
  2. Bit more dexers then mages

9 vote(s)
  3. Pretty much same amount of dexers and mages

4 vote(s)
  4. Bit more mages then dexers

2 vote(s)
  5. Mostly mages

1 vote(s)
  1. Splup

Splup Guest

Is there more dexers or mages around in PvP on your shard?

On my shard it's pretty much just dexers nowdays and very few mages around usually. I would definitly want to see more mage fights.

Edit: and by mages I mean all magetemps around (necro, myst, spellweaving etc) and by dexers all dexers (melee, archer, stealth etc.)
  2. KalVasTENKI

KalVasTENKI Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Jul 23, 2009
    There is defiantly an influx of dexxers due to imbuing. When the variation of mages show up they rip any group of dexxers..
  3. Black Majick

Black Majick Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Jun 14, 2004
    You need to break down the dexer category..I would say probably 50-60 percent of the PvPers are archers....another 20% Dexers, then the rest would be mages. Tamers are also in the mix but usually in conjunction with archery templates or mage templates...
  4. Vaneca

Vaneca Guest

Europa ofc is mostly dexxers.
    Its just pathetic and boring.
    The time will come when theres only gonna be huge Archerfights including one Dexxer to disarm.
    And its gonna be over in awesome 2 Minutes and whoever is lucky enough to get the first hit will win.

That is gonna be the end then, and every decent pvper willst just not bothered anymore...
  5. RichDC

RichDC Guest

Its kinda funny...on GL it used to be factions...dexxers, non factions mages.

There is a bit of a shift...basically all the non factioners have gimped out and gone to dexxers and alot of the factioners are moving to mages.

I think alot of it is due to the inability for dexxers to effectively raid TB base against scripted fielders[another issue]. Or effectively take and hold a choke point.

However, even these groups have about a 60/40 split of dexxers[archers] to mages.
  6. Raconteur

Raconteur Guest

Here on Atlanic there are more Dexxers than Mages.

I have noticed though In the last couple of months that fielding mages Is becoming popular again.
    I will soon be dusting mine off....playing a Dexxer Is starting to become boring.
  7. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

May 13, 2008
    The problem is that all a group of speedhacking archers really has to do is stay next to each other and spam their attack nearest hostile key along with moving shot.

It is easy, it works, why would the baddies want to do anything else?
  8. kaio

kaio Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Dec 2, 2008
    on my main shard (dracs) there seem to be some balance. Unless a certan guild logs on.
    The guild i'm in are mostly mages, or mage related..eg tamer-mage.
    witch is kinda cool :party:
  9. MiNi MaGi

MiNi MaGi Sage
    Stratics Veteran

May 15, 2008

i still kick there teeth in :gee:
  10. MiNi MaGi

MiNi MaGi Sage
    Stratics Veteran

May 15, 2008
    dex monkeys..

2+2 = 4..