1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

DI cap, and how does it work?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by GarthGrey, Jul 23, 2010.

1. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

Ok, i have a hvy xbow, damage is listed as 20-24, it's 40% DI. When I equip it, along with other modifiers i'm already wearing (which I'll explain if I need to), it shows my damage as 61-74, however, if I equip another hvy xbow with 50% DI, the damage is still 61-74. Unless I'm misunderstanding, shouldn't it be at least 2% higher DI than the 40% DI bow? Isn't it 40% of the standard dmg for Heavies?

One of my items is a Primer, 20% DI. So if my bow does 20-24, lets take the low end of 20. The primer should increase my damage 20/20%, which in my book is always 4. The primer boosts my damage by 1 point. ??? What am I missing?

2. Lorax_Pacific

Lorax_Pacific Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

3. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot

0 Anat....

4. Lorax_Pacific

Stratics Veteran

Wow. This is tricky. Are you human with 40 JoAT and 140 STR with 120 tactics?

-Lorax

5. Gelf

Gelf Guest

What is your damage increase from other items(rings,brace ,armor,ect)? I know how damage increase is supposed to work, but you never know could be bugged, broken, ect.

6. Lorax_Pacific

Stratics Veteran

You are supposed to guess. This is a puzzle post.

-Lorax

7. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Well... there is the 300% cap. 100% from items is the max, do you have other + damage stuff in your outfit?

8. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot

Its not a puzzle post. I'm just asking why a bow with higher DI %, doesn't give it.

9. Gelf

Gelf Guest

think he means that there's not enough information(DI from items, str,tac,anat, whether your wearing quiver, ect.) to figure out if there's anything wrong:)

10. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

The Damage displayed in your status bar is the following:

The base weapon damage without DI
    Plus the bonus for STR
    Plus the bonus for Tactics
    Plus the Bonus for Anatomy
    (Plus the bonus for Lumberjacking, if an Axe)

DI from Weapon DI, Equpment DI, Spell DI (with the possible exception of Divine fury), or other sources (Slayer properties, Perfection, etc.) are NOT part of that calculation.

In other words, the displayed amount in the Status bar is the base 100%, that the +300% PvM/+100% PvP caps apply to.

11. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot

I think i'm just an idiot. Item cap is 100% right? The 40% bow put me at 100 with my other items, the 50% bow would be the same amount. I should read more...

12. chuckoatl

chuckoatl Guest

what your not getting is it is based off the base damage of the weapon. So lets say 13-15 base, 100 DI makes it 26-30, anat and tactic will take it the rest of the way.

13. Once you reach 100% DI with items, putting a higher DI weapon on will not increase the damage output.

14. Vexxed

Vexxed Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Short Version...

Anything that changes the damage numbers displayed in your status bar will Stack with ALL other methods of increasing your damage...

Example of things that change your status bar Damage numbers..
    -----------------------------------------
    -Skills
    -Strength
    -Base weapon Damage
    -Damage Increase (on items up to 100% MAX.. anything extra is wasted)
    Things that Multiply your Damage but DO NOT display in your Status bar..
    -Specific Slayer
    -Super Slayer
    -Talisman Slayer / Killer
    -Enemy of One
    -Perfection

The only way to Max your dmg is to MAX out the stuff between the RED lines AND have certain combinations of the stuff between the BLUE lines.. What stuff hits the cap for the Blue line stuff is more complicated & I can't recall off the top of my head. lol I'm pretty sure this is correct from what I've tested but if anyone disagrees tell me where it's wrong heh.