1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Did add-on placement rules change?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Uvtha, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I went to check the security level of a teleporter underneath a pentagram, only to find that I couldn't place the pentagram back where it was after I checked it. The center of it is 2 tiles from the front of the house, is this now forbidden?

Super frustrating. It's ruined the whole look of my house. >:|

2. Kolka

Kolka Babbling Loonie
    Professional Campaign Patron

I'm not sure how the setup is in your house, but I've found that certain things on the floor below can affect placement of some items. Manequins in particular, but I've also had to temporarily remove bookcases and character statue markers and replace them after.

Hope this helps.

3. Capt. Lucky

Capt. Lucky Babbling Loonie

Might be something you added in the area after the pentagram that is causing the trouble maybe?

4. Capt. Lucky

Not sure if you can raise teleporters or not but you might try that then place the carpet. Hopefully you can lower it below the carpet again after that. One trick is place a trash barrel, drop whatever you want to place in it and then chop the barrel. I've placed so many odd things like that. Pray you don't lose connection ;) I realize your trying to place the carpet, but maybe one of these can get you where you wanna be in a different way.

5. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

near the east or south side? fairly certain you still can't place multi-tile add-ons there ... and if there was a really good reason for that change I never heard it :rant2:

Viquire likes this.
  6. Capt. Lucky

I have customized my house before just to do stuff like that. Placed the item then put the house back as it was. It's a pain and I tend to end up with 20 deeds in my moving crate, but when I really want something a certain way nothing is gonna stop me. Like if I want a banner way up on my house I build a walk way, place the banner, then customize the house again and remove the walk way. So many odd little things you can do in this game. I especially like an Ankh placed on an exterior wall way up on the 2nd or 3rd level.

7. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

The only thing that changed was a placed fallen log that's sort of near by. I bet that's it. I'm just heading to sleep, but ill try that when I get up.

Thanks for the input yall

Kolka, Viquire and Capt. Lucky like this.
  8. Olahorand

Olahorand Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

This unpassable tile story became a major pain in house decorating. Why do the devs suddenly care, if a cannon near the castle entrance in upper floor blocks the way through?
    Did a dev even try to place deeds like the virtue circle in a moderately decorated castle, which is really not the smallest house? Its an experience in frustration.

9. Viquire

Viquire Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

If memory serves, things got "broken" in "fixing" the ramifications of some unintended consequences of raising and breaking gargoyle couches, um, five years ago.

10. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

It was the log! Thanks again.

Kayhynn, Viquire and Kolka like this.