1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Did anyone get Skylanders Spyro's Adventure for Christmas?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Ezekiel Zane, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Ezekiel Zane

Ezekiel Zane Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Skylanders Spyro's Adventure:

So I bought this game for my kids on the Wii. Holy crap! Some guy in marketing is probably getting a really amazing bonus for the idea to sell all characters separate as toys.

I've never heard of a single player, non-mmo type game that could generate $300 or more, if you want to buy all the characters.

Anyways, I noticed that the perspective is similar to UO. Anyone else think so?

2. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

I dunno. My girls (adults... barely) seem to love the game. Some of the characters are rare already. I am gonna have to check it out. I mean have the girls bring the stuff over to play on our Wii.

3. Ezekiel Zane

Yeah, the Target and Walmart exclusives are impossible to buy now except on eBay for exorbitant prices. Whirlwind is going for between $75 and $95. Drill Sergeant a bit less.

Supposedly, supposedly, they'll re-release those to a wider market soon. The next three and an Adventure Pack are due out after January 15th.

I seen one guy on eBay had 10 Whirlwinds and 10 Drill Sergeants. They were all originally $7.99. It's a shame people are able to profiteer so much on stuff like that. Now people that want those characters are stuck paying ridiculous prices. I sure hope that re-release rumors are true.

4. Ezekiel Zane

Overall the game is a lot of fun. The characters level up fast. Not like what we're used to in most MMOs today.

The combat is simple enough, especially with a couple of level 10 characters co-op.

I like that some of the levels are quite difficult to find everything. So you have to do them over again and again to get all the checks 100%.

Once you've done a good number of the Heroic quests the characters are even more powerful. You get STAT increases for completing these quests.