1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Did I miss something?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Jester of Sonoma, Feb 22, 2008.

1. Did I miss an email, a post, or something saying they were going to raise the price of UO?

2. Babble

Babble Guest

Yes, Uo charges more as some states add an internet tax and ea is so friendly not to eat it up but pass it on.
    [​IMG]

3. well forever it has been 12.99 but this morning i noticed it was now 13.85

4. Black Majick

Black Majick Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

<blockquote><hr>

well forever it has been 12.99 but this morning i noticed it was now 13.85

[/ QUOTE ]
    Tax, Tax, Tax.

EA decided to start charing taxes.....

5. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Yes, Uo charges more as some states add an internet tax and ea is so friendly not to eat it up but pass it on.
    [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

If I own a company and the local, state, or government decide to tax my goods am I gonna eat this and not pass it on to the consumer NOT!!!! I'm just surprised that it took this long to tax our pixel crack. And guess what? This aint just UO, this is all subscription games based in the U.S..

6. Guest

Guest Guest

There was one heck of a "WTF??" thread here about it. Better check that you tax is correct for your area. My state (NY) is listed by EA as 8.25% but for my area that is NOT true and I (among others) asked why it appeared over-taxation was going to happen.

Jeremy stated she would investigate but the wheels of bureaucracy grind slowly ... it may take a while to get it ironed out. Or some word, at least. NY has had this type of taxation on their books for several years now ... EA and others have absorbed it quietly.

7. yep ... missed a thread (probably the original title)
    Or two or KB ... [​IMG] (KB has the list of states)

don't worry ... even email is under scrutiny

8. Babble

Babble Guest

WOW too or is that not a subscription game?