1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

did mysticism get nerfed?

Discussion in 'UO Spellcaster' started by frostbolt, Feb 2, 2010.

1. frostbolt

frostbolt Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Imbuing is not the only skill associated with Mysticism now. Players can use EITHER their Focus skill or Imbuing skill. Evaluate Intelligence no longer has any effect on a Mystic’s spell power

now i was on the test center and my rising colossus's stats were maxed out at 106.6 with 120 eval, mysticism, imbuing and focus.

and its still a 5 slot pet...if it got nerfed from 120 to 106.6 in its skills they should at least make it a 4 slot pet..

2. Walkerboh77

Walkerboh77 Guest

i'm suspecting there will be a few screw ups on the adjustment of abilities that used various skills (eval/imbue/mys) and now only use (myst/focus or imbue)

i haven't been to the test center to try out how this affects Healing Stone, Enchant, Animated Weapon, Stone Form, Spell Trigger...etc

but it's clear that RC was affected and not adjusted accordingly....

3. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

in another post messana I believe it was stated this would be fixed !

4. [JD]

[JD] Guest

Being able to use Focus with Myst is a hell of a lot easier (and cheaper) than skilling imbuing to 120. The side bonus is it'll give you extra mana regen and sta regen; you might be able to go lower in meditation or not have it at all.

5. Walkerboh77

Walkerboh77 Guest

i dont have med in my template and it does fine at 2.1 mr/sec

6. Zalan

Zalan Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

If you have 120 Mysticism & 120 Focus your Rising Colusus will have 120 in all skills. If you have 120 Imbue & 120 Mysticism your Rising Colusus will have 120 in all skills. So, it wasn`t nerfed.

7. Interesting template idea:

120: Archery or Throwing
    120: Mysticism, Focus
    100: Tactics, Anatomy, Healing
    40-60: Meditate (depending on vet months)

You'll want spell channeling weapons, at least until Focus and Mysticism both reach 80, whereupon the Enchant spell might obviate that need.

With Cleansing Winds able to remove curses and poisoning, as well as offer additional healing, Resisting Spells doesn't seem necessary here.

The Anatomy and Tactics will allow Animated Weapon to do high damage, and the 120 Focus and Mysticism will allow Animated Stone to do maximal damage.

The one downside is that you'll be using runebook charges to travel. Other than that, you might be downright dangerous.

There might be equally useful ways to spend 200 points than on Healing and Anatomy. How about Chivalry and Bushido, for a new kind of ABC archer/thrower ...?

8. Walkerboh77

Walkerboh77 Guest

i assume u've never skilled throwing.....because if u had...u would know that u would rather fight with carpentry as your weapon skill than throwing

9. Walkerboh, incorrect assumption. I have two throwers currently (thrower/peacemaker and thrower/mystic/imbuer). I enjoy playing them both. They wouldn't do well in PvP, but for PvM they do fine.

10. Walkerboh77

Walkerboh77 Guest

so the mobs u kill die by 1000 paper cuts! :p

11. Gelf

Gelf Guest

Actually it was they dropped the fire and cold resist by 15-20 points, a day or more before the pub. they also seem to be doing fewer specials/spells attacks