1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Did the keys change while i was gone for Shimmering?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Blade_Thugluv, Jun 6, 2008.

1. So i decided to go one man key hunting so me and guild could go do Shimmering Effusion. I got the first 4 keys then went to get the key from Crystal Lattice Seekers. I spent 2.5Hours killing those things (over 100 killed) and i didnt get a single key.

I got tired of wasting time trying to get keys so just gave up. killing over 100 of 1 item for a key is ********. you kill 100 dark fathers and your 100% to get 3+ artys i mean come on..

So my question is did they change what drops keys in the year while i was gone? or did they just mess up the spawn rate of keys?

2. Lord Kotan

Lord Kotan Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

May 16, 2008
  3. controlfive

controlfive Guest

so is the vortex key, which he managed to pick up :O

last time i went there the rate didn't seem bad. took about 10 kills to get it.
  4. yea i know what the keys look like, i guess i just had really bad luck!!!

5. Blesh

Blesh Sage
    Stratics Veteran

May 12, 2008
    If your using Kingdom Reborn, there may be a problem with the graphic. other than that it was just a bad day for them. Pariah and I normally get the key within 10-15 min. Good luck :)
  6. Kellgory

Kellgory Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

May 14, 2008
    It seems to rotate as to what key is hard to get. Usually don't have any problems getting keys off the demons and mummies, but there is almost always a slow spawn on one of the other four keys. Just wish they would fix the broken key in the vortex room.
  7. Tazar

Tazar Guest

The keys all show up fine in KR so I do no believe that is the problem.
  8. Hoffs

Hoffs Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

May 15, 2008
    I have never had a problem with that key and the drop rate must be something like one in four/five normally. The odds of not getting one in two hours must be astronomic, which makes me think there was some other thing amiss, although I don't know what.
  9. Trokip

Trokip Guest

We normally do not have a problem getting the key from the Lattice Seekers. What I have found though is that unless you go to the back room, entrance to the Mummies, and drag some of those Lattice Seekers out, it seems to take a lot longer to get keys. I don't know whether there are just so many keys out at one time and if some are hiding back there and not killed it may take forever to spawn new ones, or if it is just one of those days. But like I said I've found that I can kill a lot of them out front, and the ones that respawn and get nothing until I drag some of the ones out that have not been killed. We ususally have the hardest time with the Crystal Vortex keys. But I think that is because of the bug that spawns the Broken Key instead of the right key and is not removeable from the corpse. You would think after all this time that would have been fixed but I guess like everything else we just have to deal with it and spend hours trying to get the keys.