1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Did the mini patch nerf unrawing of relic

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by FrejaSP, Oct 22, 2014.

1. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

or do I just have bad luck?
    It's very sad if it did nerf it, as more relic is good for Siege.
    Now it's very harder to get relic from overland's spawn, so no hope we will see more actions in the forest, the swamp and the desert = more life to the player towns

2. Tyrath

Tyrath Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I just unravelled a bag of 125 overland loot items and got 43 relic frags about half Major and half Greater , yesterday was 56 relic frags from the same type of loot. Can't say if thats better or worse than before as I just started playing more regular over the last few days. My new loot peeve are the 50 stone Legendary and majors may as well be carrots in the corpse IMO.

3. Troop_Gil

Troop_Gil Journeyman

I've been getting a LOT of relics since the publish. Maybe your lucks just off. Not sure.

4. startle

startle Siege... Where the fun begins.
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Gilfane

Hail Tyrath... What mobs do you classify as "overland"?

5. Tyrath

Tyrath Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Been doing Oni, Hiryus, Tsuki Wolves, rotting corpses. Pretty much anything that has decent fame and carried a corpse full of worthless junk pre pub now carries a corpse full of potential relic frags and the occasional keeper piece.

6. FrejaSP

Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

After we got new loot, I had been getting 1-3 relic from a bag with lesser magic, several from a bag of greater, many from Mayor magic and many from lesser artifacts.
    After last patch yesterday, I got no relic from lesser and greater magic. I may just had have bad luck

7. FrejaSP

I was happy after the public, it was last patch yesterday, that seem to changes something, I will test it again

8. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

So how does one get these relics? Is this a crafter skill? If so, I suppose I could just get them from the crafter's pack :) ...la

9. SpyderBite

SpyderBite Sage
    Stratics Veteran VCS

Unraveling. It's in the crafting context menu. I don't know if any crafter can unravel any item or if each item type needs to be unraveled by a specific type of crafter.

Also I am unsure If imbuing is required to unravel or not. I can see the unravel option in my tailors gump.

10. Zalfein

Zalfein Journeyman
    The DarkOutlaws, TDO

You need the imbuing skill to unravel. To get relics, you need to be in the nineties.

Zalfein

11. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

Welp, since I have no interest in starting a crafter...I guess it will be on my list of stealable items for my vendor to sell...la