1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Did the server save times change early?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Old Man of UO, Oct 31, 2008.

1. Daylight Savings time change is this Sunday, but it seems that earlier this week the daily server save times changed back one hour. Since I wake up early and play both before and after the server save times, it would be nice to know. I don't want to log into a dangerous spot unknowingly.

There is this little HTML screen that pops up every time you load the client, and it would be nice to put info there, and not expect us to see it in Stratics or UOHerald.

2. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Daylight savings was last Sunday here in the Netherlands, which brings up the questions: Which shards do you play and where do you live? I have no clue when server saves are, since I work through the American save times and sleep through the European.

For your second point, yes, they should use that more often.

3. East coast American servers... anything else has ping times that are too high to even move.

4. christy1221

christy1221 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I play on chessy and I noticed a few days ago that instead of going down at 5 central time it started going down at 6. I thought it was odd that it changed already.

5. Yalp

Yalp Guest

I play on Baja.. the server went down this am at the same time it always has ... 8am EST, 5am PST

6. AnneNomilly

AnneNomilly Seasoned Veteran
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

Actually, this could very well be due to the change in Daylight Savings Time here in the US a couple of years ago. Under the old schedule, Daylight Savings Time ended last weekend. Under the new schedule, it ends this weekend. People would be amazed at the number of things that were effected and/or messed up by this change.

Although Microsoft put out a patch when the change went into effect, some other software programs and firmwares were unable to make the change. That's why you may see the oddness now. After we cross the new DST date this weekend, my guess is it will all straighten out.

Even at my office, our phones and reader board showed the change for Fall DST while our computers and servers still showed the correct time. Talk about confusing! I KNOW I get in early but no way I go in at 6:00. :p