1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Did they change the rules for placing ladders?

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by Beldin Brightaxe, Nov 8, 2015.

1. Beldin Brightaxe

Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I'm having issues placing a ladder on the first tile of a custom house, where last week it worked just fine. Anyone else having any issues?

2. Beldin Brightaxe

Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

This is what I'm talking about with this issue. I can't place a ladder where the cursor is located in the left side picture. The right side picture is where I have placed a ladder a couple of weeks ago.

Ladder.jpg

RoseBlue likes this.
  3. Kayhynn

Kayhynn Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

What error message are you getting? and have you tried both types of ladders?

4. Escaflowne

Escaflowne Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Now this is wierd cause ive been testing this out on the first tile of my plot like yours, and the East, south and west ladders place but the north facing one wont place....

5. Escaflowne

Escaflowne Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I can get north facing one on second tile in, been trying various things to try get it on first and it just wont place

6. Kayhynn

Kayhynn Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

What happens if you place it on the second floor and lower it (prolly not easy or possible, but a thought)

7. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Make one of those stone blocks..... and put that on your steps right there in front of where you want that ladder to go... make it flush with the house floor and you should be able to place the ladder... Funny thing about ladders is they "require" two tiles one that they are on and the one behind the steps. If they don't have it they won't place. It's possible that when you placed the ladder there previously you had blocks out front instead of stairs... or maybe you had something on the stairs. But just try making a block there and then placing the ladder. Should work I would think.

It's kinda like the "trick" you have to do to place a ladder on the front of a keep or Castle.