1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Did they stop allowing people to page a GM?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Belanos, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Belanos

Belanos Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

I've been trying for a few days now to get a GM to fix a couple of bugged tiles in one of my keeps (they're impassible for no apparent reason). In the past when you paged a GM, you'd get put in a queue that would slowly count down for a few hours til finally a GM appeared.

Now however, I can't even get that. It doesn't give me any notification that I'm in a queue, and after two periods of 8-9 hours of waiting (I'm on my third try now) I had nothing to show for it except an email saying "Thanks for contacting customer support, we will pass this information along to our bug team."

Has anyone here been able to get in touch with a GM lately to have an issue fixed?

#1 Belanos, Jan 2, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
  2. Merus

Merus Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran CasteoftheForgotten

Though I doubt anyone here can help you get a GM, it might be possible for someone here to help you understand why the tiles are impassible. If you are able to understand why you may be able to fix the issue or at least rephrase your help request. Often times how you word your help request can have a great deal to do with the response you get.

If you post the shard and location and rough which tiles are giving you grief (and make your house accessible) I'm sure someone will stop by to take a look.

3. Belanos

Belanos Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

The tiles are impassible because I once had an ankh of sacrifice there that bugged out when I tried to redeed it, but that's not the point. The issue is that for some unknown reason, GMs seem to no longer respond to pages.

4. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

GM's only seem to respond to harassment pages anymore... anyone else with a problem may as well just take a number and forget it.

Lord Kotan and The Zog historian like this.
  5. Nfusion

Nfusion Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

What great customer service...why do we pay them $13 a month???

The Zog historian likes this.
  6. Victim of Siege

Victim of Siege Crazed Zealot
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Safe Haven

it does not show you what number in the but it does put you in one. i have been helped with two bugged characters recently, one time it took an hour, the other took only 15 minutes. and it is a good idea to carefully and fully explain the situation in great detail.

7. Belanos

Belanos Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

Recently? As in the last year or two?

I was not exaggerating in my original post. I did two sessions of around 9 hours each with no response of any kind, to include canned responses. I've done about five hours today and I'm about to log off for the night with no response for my third time.

8. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

The queue message has been gone for quite a while, at least in my experience, but you do get placed in a queue.
    Just log in, page the GM and then go on with your normal playtime. If they show up, they show up. If not, repeat the procedure everytime you log in until you get a GM.

9. Quickblade

Quickblade Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Change the foundation style of your house, it will fix all bugged tiles

10. Belanos

Belanos Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

Keeps don't have foundation styles.

11. Kojak

Kojak Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

which is why they should let us customize castles and keeps ...

12. claudia-fjp

claudia-fjp Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Sadly if you have a time sensitive issue in UO anymore you're pretty much screwed. :(

Silentfury likes this.
  13. Mama Faith

Mama Faith Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Back in August, I paged a GM and after not being in the queue for over an hour, I cancelled the request. We're now almost 5 mos. later and my "Help" still shows "Cancel Request Pending". Maybe I'm being too patient and it's time to contact someone about getting this fixed but I'm not sure where I should turn. Good luck with getting your problem taken care of, Belanos. I mean that in all sincerity. *curtsey*

whiterabbit likes this.
  14. Captn Norrington

Captn Norrington Trade Forum Administrator
    Moderator Professional Campaign Supporter

Not sure what shard your on Belanos, but on Atlantic the average GM wait time is 3-4 days, lol.

15. Goodmann

Goodmann Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

easy fix- demolish it and replace it ;)

Rogal, MalagAste and Widow Maker like this.
  16. claudia-fjp

claudia-fjp Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

It would suck to find out the invisible blocking tiles are still there AND are now blocking house placement.

17. RockoNV

RockoNV Seasoned Veteran
    Alumni UOS

That button is always present because they always want you to cancel.

18. whiterabbit

whiterabbit Stratics Legend
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter PITMUCK

meees wood beees right der to helps yoos moma faith !!

19. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Sage
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I think I called a GM sometime in August and got a response in maybe 15 minutes (on Atlantic on a weekend). So the comment that they've been "gone for a year" isn't quite accurate. And as other people have posted, they are around. I think it's just sporadic (IMHO).

20. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

There is no need to use the harrassment button to get a gm.. on the menu for help ue the "Other" option. it takes you to the GM que... The other button is gliched after a publish and is on the list to fix......
    I have gotten a GM most times fairly fast to send me a chat session. As before word the request correctly.

21. Belanos

Belanos Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

Okay so, I got an email a while ago saying that the offending tiles had been repaired.

Since posting this thread last thursday I filed a help request every morning and was logged in all day with no response in-game. That's five days plus the 2-3 before posting the thread. So eight consecutive days of requesting help netted me one email doing nothing but pointing me to a list of things that GMs are not allowed to do (none of which are even remotely close to what I was asking), and one email saying they fixed my problem.

So I guess all it takes to get a little GM assistance is to bug them for a week or so.

And I thought it was bad when I used to have to wait an hour or two to get a GM response.

22. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot

Well..... not sure if you are in the East coast but those poor devils are in the freezer... chilling like ice cream. Govenor's are telling people to stay home and have it be illegal to be outside driving...
    When its -45 degrees with the wind and snow falling in Feet not inches...... I can see a GM not answering your page... i didnt even expect the Dev to be in their offices..

We do share GM's.

23. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I have the same problem with a tile blocked in my castle. I've given up and just walk around it now. I think there's some goza or something I can't see there. Who knows.

24. Vor

Vor Grand Inquisitor

I paged about a bugged item blocking house placement. I'm not sure if the GM actually did anything or not, since I was AFK, but I came back a while later and the item was gone. But my page was still active.

I don't think it decayed on its own because it had been there days.

25. Nine Dark Moons

Nine Dark Moons Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

i paged yesterday due to the house customization bug (the character that placed the house is no longer in existence, and no other char on the account could customize the house), but never heard anything back. no queue. nothing. i waited for 3 hours (while doing other stuff on computer) before giving up and trading my house to another account, then back again so i could customize it. complete bullsh!t. they tell us to page a GM in the bug notice, but when we do, nothing happens.

DJAd likes this.
  26. Leira of Asrai

About a month ago on Pacific, a guildie and I were farming Fire Demons in north Ter Mur for Daemon Claws. One spawned in a stuck location down by the lava. We paged a GM and within about 5 minutes, a GM showed up in game sporting Red robes and all. After explaining the spawning issue he promptly dragged the Demon up for us to kill.

However, he also noticed a Lifestealer was stuck below and released it too. Jokingly, we told him he could have left it down there, but now that he released it we would leave him to deal with it. So like a GM BOSS he proceeded to destroy the Lifestealer with just 2 lightning bolts. LOL.

It's good to see the GMs still giving personal attendance and taking part in the fun.

Viper09 likes this.
  27. Captn Norrington

Captn Norrington Trade Forum Administrator
    Moderator Professional Campaign Supporter

Leira, I agree that it's great to see GM's having fun and doing cool things like that...but... it seems to also reinforce the rumor that GM's purposely avoid any help requests that sound hard to fix, that would require a lot of time...and instead pick up all the easy ones like your demon.

28. a slave girl

Stratics Veteran

I've gotten emails telling me thanks for paging but never a GM email telling me something was fixed.

I paged verbal or physical harassment, can't recall which now, for a lantern stuck in the grass blocking house placement and also a stretched hide deed outside between a house and the coastline that blocked passage. <<< My page was similar to this last sentence.

A GM came and needed me to show him what I meant, so I did and he removed them. This was a few months ago true, but are you sure you aren't sending in a bug report? You don't get replies of any kind for those.

You also might consider using the UO.com feedback button. It gives you lots more room to explain your problem, but be sure you give shard, account name, coordinates etc. There's even enough space to include screenshots over there.

29. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Typically if I page about items that need removing I use the co-ordinates and that usually does the trick.... just be sure to give them the facet, co-ordinates and description of the item in question and I always tell them that the item in question is a bugged, or often an exploit item..... such as the busts and such which block and can't be moved. This usually gets them removed without much trouble.

30. Warpig Inc

Warpig Inc Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

There is a better way to look at it. The GMs are not exclusive to UO and cover other games also. My theory is the other games are SsooOoOOo screwed up they are sucking up the time GMs have. There also maybe the frame of mind that UO palyers have been here 16 years so they aren't going anyplace. We already know we are getting the best bang for our buck.

Noticed a typo. I'll leave it for Webster to find and use.

palyer (pal'yir) n 1. Someone that pays to play. 2. Grin and bear it attitude. 3. Someone that see the glass half full or half empty as getting half ass is better then getting no ass at all. palyerable adj 1. No matter how bad the lag is I will get my UO fix. palyers n 1. A very small group of palyer that agree the rest are doing it all wrong. -palyer off One of the palyer thet vent in CHAT to relieve RL issues.

#31 Warpig Inc, Jan 11, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2014
  • About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!