1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Did Ya know This about Ter-Mur Dresser??

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Luc of Legends, Dec 3, 2009.

1. Luc of Legends

Luc of Legends Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I was cleaning/decoing my Ter-mur house. i put down my dresser and placed iome clothes in it. i went down stairs got some more clothes and when i click on it... i said 0 of 0 items.. Well i panicked and kept click on and must have click on different side and bingo there is my clothes..

So apparently it have 2 draws on it which is totally cool. i wish i know that before.. :)

Not sure if anyone else knew this thought i let ya know so noone else has my panick attack thinking it ate my clothes.

Luc

BTW the clothes were my AoS stuff

2. yeah cool now, but before they fixed it, it would literally eat your stuff! It was stickied for awhile after I posted. I lost a lot of high end items before they fixed the darn things and because of that, I wont even touch them now. :(

3. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

4. Luc of Legends

Luc of Legends Seasoned Veteran

Ah k, thought i remember something in back my mind about Ter-Mur dresser eating stuff. i look up dresser on the forum search somehow i missed it.

Petra- lol one place i didnt look.. sometime i forget that is up to date on alot of stuff.

5. I'm glad they fixed it, but wish they came with a warning before the fix!
    Example only!!!! -
    ***WARNING*** IT WILL EAT YOUR STUFF WORTH MILLIONS OF GOLD!!

yup, something like that would've been nice :p
    And yes, please note that warning is just an example of what they should've had. It no longer eats your stuff!!!

It is cool that they work the right way now though and that your panic attack was for nothing lol

6. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

I got into SA late so I didn't know till I made them on Siege with my gm carpenter.

I had put some SA furniture on display in a public house just so others could dork around with it all, see it and hopefully BUY MY WARES ! :)

Anyhow I put that first Ter-Mur dresser up and set it to anyone to open it up all spiffy like. I then clicked on it again with an alt of mine and he could NOT open it. I thought ?????????????? what the heck is going on ?

I too kept clickin and clickin and found it has TWO interior side by side containers and each side had to be set, etc. DOH ! :) I was glad I had not put anything important in the side I didn't even set nor the side I had set ...till I learned it is TWO FACED ! HAHA

Kinda unique as UO new furniture items go though, with 2 separate sides to one dresser !

7. Jhym

Jhym Guest

The simpler answer is for any new containers always lockdown/secure them, put junk (or easily replaced items) in them and wait a week or two before putting anything important in them.

I generally trust their coding for things that are similar to standard containers and items, but when they add something significantly different I've learned to be a little more... hesitant.

8. Warpig Inc

Warpig Inc Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Many years ago the wood type sunken chest had a nasty glitch. Any used as storage in your house that faced East vannished at server up. Was a serious hit for me and got the same old song and dance from the GM about lost items. What makes it a cherrish memory now is it was the last time I seen a GM show up for a page. Rumaged around my house for nearly 15 minutes till one his buddies updated him about the glitch and passed the word on to me.

Garg Container Just another one those things they knew about and had been working on to fix but left plp hanging in the wind till the fix. Just another one those like sorta kinda maybe IMPORTANT NEED TO KNOW things that should be on the login window or screamed about by the Town Crier.

9. Malimus

Malimus Guest

Something like this happened with the armoire in UO's earlier day's. I put some items in one in my first UO house and they seemingly disappeared. I figured out axeing the armoire would destroy it and the missing items dropped to the floor.

10. MariamATL

MariamATL Guest

Even this didn't work for codex of virtue...lol....bah I had one and lost it LONG before the warning ever came out because I'm one of those crazy ppl who goes a little nuts when we get new "toys" and puts them all down the first day. =)

At least mine didn't cost TOO much to replace! lol....