1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Did you buy Magincia Lottery Tickets?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by hawkeye_pike, Jun 9, 2011.

?

Did you buy Magincia Lottery Tickets?

1. Yes

80 vote(s)
    62.0%
  2. No

49 vote(s)
    38.0%
  1. hawkeye_pike

hawkeye_pike Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Did you buy one or more Magincia Lottery Tickets with your account(s)? Please vote!

2. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

No and not anyone from my guild did.

What i think they they should have done is for one time only allow you to take a second house on your account. But the second house would be only be allowed to be placed in New Magincia. If they would have done that i would have trowed in a lot of gold to get my hands on that second house.

3. Nimuaq

Nimuaq Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

There is also an old poll on it here but I'm not sure how accurately it represents the real percentages.

4. gunneroforgin

gunneroforgin Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I put gold on every spot limited and unlimited in hopes of aguiring one or more spots to sell not to place a house since it would have condemed my newly aguired castle. I am not going to trade my castle for a 15X15 plot.

5. Snakeman

Snakeman UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Never bought one ticket & I have 5 accounts (6 including my sons). My outlook was, why downsize in housing.. Now if they would of made them capable (as They SHOULD OF) of holding as much as a Keep at minimal, I probably would of bought some. But sure as heck wasn't going to downsize!

6. nynyve

nynyve Guest

No--I saw no purpose. All of my houses are either 18 by 18 or larger and in low spawn locations, some thing that took over 9 years of game play to achieve. I saw no reason to give up a larger house for a smaller one and spend excess gold for the privilege. All of characters have low reg suits, and can recall where they like. My fisher owns a waterfront home. There is nothing special, in my mind, about Magincia. Right now, it is not even pretty. Now if I had been on an overcrowded shard in a terrible locations, that might have altered the circumstances.

7. EvilPixieWorks

EvilPixieWorks Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

NOT A PENNY FOR TAXES!!!

hehe

But I really didnt want one.:hug:

8. Amber Moon

Amber Moon Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Yes, I bought a few tickets and answered the polled accordingly.

Some of you may have figured out the real value of this poll, and some, probably not. But in any case, the more that answer the better. ;)

9. mana hit

mana hit Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

nope. two accounts and happy where im at.....for now

10. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

I didn't buy any. When the lottery was in process, I had just recently started playing on Siege and had no gold there to waste and no interest in acquiring a house on another shard, even for speculative purposes.

Although New Magincia on Siege is turning into a good place to shop, you can still find well-stocked vendors elsewhere and they also don't limit PK and thief opportunities by being inside a guard zone. (In other words, you get a free adrenaline rush just going shopping! "Should I buy those undeeded imbuing materials or not? Hmmm.....")

11. Squeax

Squeax Visitor

I bet if we poll <100 hardcores on Stratics that will be a totally meaningful statistic.

12. PitrGri

PitrGri Guest

Spent about 600.000.000 gold pieces.

[​IMG]

Plus three plots in Trammel...

(the E3 Felucca is yours to decorate and make it a pirate hideout)

Cya soon!

13. Do you own all of those or are they all guildmate owned???

14. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

I spent zero. So we balance one another out.

15. Tazar

Tazar Guest

I bought one ticket to each trammel spot with one account. I did not buy any tickets on my other 10 accounts. I think that tips the scales further.

I did not answer the poll above since there is no option for 1 of 11.

16. PitrGri

PitrGri Guest

We, the team that got the plots, donated most of them to our guild... so it would be a Guild project.

Now they are guildmate owned... previously we, the team that worked hard to get all plots, got 17... beach house included.

17. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

Nope, both of my accounts have houses, the primary actually has one on LS and one on Chessie so I can't do anything there if I wanted to, the secondary holds my cabin which has been my "UO Home" since mid-sized housing opened in Trammel in 2000, so I have really no intention of moving from there.

Thus playing the lotto for a Magincia plot I couldn't use wasn't worth the effort for me.

18. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

I may not have a house in New Magencia. I can have a vendor that buys and sells there though.

19. Painted Elves

Painted Elves Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I think I spent a total of 4 mil...? I bought on two plots that were unlimited and I won them both, one in tram and one in Fel. Both dedicated to gardening etc and open to public.
    Thinking of selling the Fel one....right like that'd work on LA.

20. Vyric

Vyric Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

Spent zero and got one anyways. My accounts weren't active when the lottery happened. I guess I resubbed in time for when the plots that didn't get built on went public. Found a Tram one unoccupied and placed.

21. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

51 / 36 (41.38%) from this current thread

and

123 / 94~ (43%~) from the UO Guide poll

So far they seem like they are both around the same findings of a 58 to 42 split ... so I guess that could mean there are, say, somewhere around 16,500 accounts in UO (if the results stayed at the same ratio). But a sample size of less than 250 is going to be a lot less accurate than a sample size of 9,000+.

22. Bobar

Bobar Babbling Loonie

I have a castle and an 18x18 why would I want a smaller house?.

23. THP

THP Stratics Legend

on atlantic they sold for 4-500m...maybe one good reason...

24. THP

THP Stratics Legend

true 2 small sample sizes but we are a small community in all fairness...a poll does act as an indicator...and obvoulsy the higher the number in the poll the more accurate they are.....these two polls are showing 40% bought tickets.

25. Woodsman

Woodsman Guest

And we are headed into the summer, when a lot of us are spending a lot more times outdoors or traveling.