1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Treasure Hunting] Digging chests and decoding maps

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by TimberWolf, Jul 25, 2014.

1. TimberWolf

TimberWolf Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I heard a nasty rumor that map rune libraries don't exist anymore. That maps are all randomized and there is no easy way to search out your maps then recall to the exact co-ordinates???
    Is this true...
    can someone explain how you find map locations now?

2. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Libraries exist, and can get you into the general area.
    Try these two pages for hints on how to find them
    http://uo2.stratics.com/skill-guides/skills-and-professions/treasure-map-quests/finding-maps
    http://uo2.stratics.com/skill-guides/skills-and-professions/treasure-map-quests

I have lots of fun with treasure maps these days. I hope you will too.

Barry Gibb likes this.
  3. TimberWolf

TimberWolf Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Thanks Petra.... I was please to return to find you still here..... Stratics and us users are in good shape with you around :)

Barry Gibb likes this.
  4. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

:) thanks for the flattery.
    I use all kinds of rune books to get me close to map spots. Old treasure map libraries are great, so are hag's quest books with locations for that blasted imp who's name I can't spell. Some shards have copies of a set of books Lord Gareth made for Chesapeake, not sure which shards have those though.
    Having different monsters on different facets is definitely a plus on the interest side. Looking forward to the loot upgrade in this publish, but even without the weapons and armor I open every chest thinking 'I wonder what will be in this one'. Mana phasing orbs, alacrity scrolls, pink scrolls and forged pardons are particularly sought after.

Barry Gibb likes this.
  5. Barry Gibb

Barry Gibb Of Saintly Patience
    Stratics Veteran

@TimberWolf - Randomizing the map locations is one of the best changes made to treasure maps. It put the "hunting" back into Treasure Hunting. They also added maps of each facet, no longer just Trammel and Felucca. There are several rune libraries around. I use the Library of Exploration on LS (just outside of Cove). They are useful for getting close to your destination.