1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

diminishing returns for loot drop chance?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by aFrayedKnot, Jul 5, 2013.

1. aFrayedKnot

aFrayedKnot Visitor

Dec 6, 2011
    Just thought I would ask the question since I noticed increased evidence in two separate incidences.

Are there diminishing returns for your chance of an item drop?

For example, when I started playing again I was getting tangles or night eyes every other day. Until one day it just stopped. Nothing for months.

Another example is with treasure chests. Normally I will get at least one of the following with every level 6 chest (forged pardon, runed sash, surge shield, orb, another map or a tasty treat). But now i'm going on 30 level 6 digs and I haven't received any of the above. It seems to be a pretty drastic change to simply chalk it up to bad RNG.

Has anyone else noticed this pattern or did I just get cursed by the RNG Gods?
    #1 aFrayedKnot, Jul 5, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2013
  2. Cupid

Cupid Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

May 7, 2003
  3. BeaIank

BeaIank Babbling Loonie
    Campaign Supporter

Nov 4, 2011
    For one example, between pub 80 and pub 82 I did miasma some hundreds to thousands of time and didn't get a single drop.
    Yesterday morning I killed it about 30 times and got 5 drops... It is likely the RNG.