1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

"Dirty" Polar Bear mounts?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Harb, Dec 3, 2009.

1. Harb

Harb Guest

I guess it's been a month or so now, but has anyone else noticed that some etheral polar bear mounts remain "pure white," while others now have a smige of light brown on their undersides? Just wondering what the difference is?

2. One day, a rabbit and a bear are taking a **** in the woods. The bear looks over to the rabbit and says, “Yo rabbit, do you have a problem with **** sticking to your fur?” “Nope,” the rabbit said. "Great!" says the bear, who grabs the rabbit and wipes his ass with it.

Source : Eddie Murphy
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXYAOd8gW2U

3. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Been a bug since the ethereal touching tool I beleive, Some dev said it would be fixed but nothing has been fixed yet.

[​IMG]

4. Harb

Harb Guest

I'm not so sure its such a bad thing, the dirty rabbit wiping version is more realistic. While I personally prefer the pure white ones, its not a stretch at all to assume others prefer the more realistic one. Maybe an option for both in the fix?

5. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

I hope they won't fix it, I like the new color

6. Coffin

Coffin Guest

Yeah and have you seen polar bears on the discovery channel? They're kinda dirty looking sometimes. I mean, they're freakin' bears in the wilderness!

7. Schuyler Bain

Schuyler Bain Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Thank goodness this post isn't all about what I thought it was going to be about...

:blushing:

8. Kiminality

Kiminality Guest

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Ursus_maritimus
    Looking at some of those photos, the hue doesn't look too off.
    In that comparison though, I will say that is one ugly hue in EC. Not trying to turn this into an anti-EC thing, but that yellow-y hue just plain doesn't work.

9. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

my bff has a polar bear stuffed animal on her dash of her car and its identicle color to the pic ! I then realized its yellowish because she smokes.. Sooo stop smoking on the bear problem solved..

sorry could not help myself but it is a true story

and in a side note polar bears often take on this hew they are not all pure white

10. Bazer

Bazer Slightly Crazed
    Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Stratics Legend

polar bears fur is clear, what you are seeing is its skin

11. KalVasTENKI

KalVasTENKI Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Is this with the SA client?? Or 2d also?? I haven't really payed attention.

12. HellaFarris

HellaFarris Guest

Almost, what you are seeing is the reflection of light from the bears (almost) transparent fur. Polar bear skin is black.

13. altarego

altarego Guest

This.

You could think of polar bear fur like this fiberoptic x-mas trees or balls from the 80's. Perfectly clean, it shines white. A bit dirty (more natural) and it scatters white lite, much like a sunset does, making it yellow.

Or, you could be an informed citizen and watch PBS and see the documentary "Knut and Friends" this week (on your local station) and it would explain it all.

14. FrejaSP

Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

The color looks real to me
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

It may be the real colour but It should be changed back, After all, Sakkarah said its a minor fix.

http://vboards.stratics.com/showpost.php?p=1446407&postcount=7

16. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

It looks like it fell in urine.... Come on, I'm just saying what everyone else is thinking. o_O

17. FrejaSP

My 2D polar Bear do look better now.

[​IMG]