1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Disable trial accounts...

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Reximus, Dec 20, 2009.

1. Reximus

Reximus Guest

[​IMG]

Enough said.

2. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

there's been some recent threads on this topic, one solution is to have trails on non-prodo shards, similar to a Test Shard - If they want to play w/ the big boys, they pay full price like the rest of us. IMHO

post count +1

3. Widow Maker

Widow Maker Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

4. Kurgan

Kurgan Guest

I guess they are making their own UOAM map icons.. :lol:

5. legendsguy

legendsguy Sage
    Stratics Veteran

i think you prolly wanna keep the trial accounts, so people keep joining ultima and it doesn't wither and die. what wow does is restrict some of the commands they can do.

how 'bout on a trial account you can't teleport? or maybe on a trial account you can't hold more than 2000 gold at a time.. or you can't use a bag of sending.

i think i single-handedly fixed all scripting.

6. aarons6

aarons6 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

how do you konw those are trial accounts??

many people have extra accounts they use for bods.

7. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Best solution for trial accounts. Require a valid credit card.

8. lucksi

lucksi Guest

Or let trial accounts only on the test shard.

9. Zayin666

Zayin666 Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

This I guess would fix alot of the problems there is with trial accounts :)

10. Mitzlplik_SP

Mitzlplik_SP Guest

Yea...seems like a no brainer. :confused:

11. Tazar

Tazar Guest

Wish it would work - but it won't. It is way too easy to get dozens of "Prepaid Visa-Gift-Cards". To an online merchant, they look just like any other card.

12. Risso

Risso Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

This thread has nothing to do with trial accounts. Trial accounts are not allowed in Felucca. People have paid to do this.

Is UHall anything but a font of misinformation?

Enough said.

13. [LGND]

[LGND] Guest

Trial accounts are allowed in fel... fail.

They start as young players, but at any time you can renounce young player status and go to fel...

14. Jhym

Jhym Guest

But they aren't allowed in dungeons or t2a.

15. Nystul

Nystul Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

what a great idea!

16. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

This thread has nothing to do with trial accounts?

Then why is the title "disable trial accounts"?

And yes, trials are allowed in fel.

17. weins201

weins201 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

This is not Trial Accounts

This is just a way to scout the spawns.

As long as they are not in the spawn area then there are no issues.

A player has to walk in and check the spawn then he can log the problem is alowing players to log out in ANY of the Spawn dungeons or in T2A were the spawns are.

They started a solution for ghost cams but any live player can still be used as a cam.

Solution = If you log out in a Spawn Dungeon or T2A area you are removed to a remote Island were trevel spells are not allowed to be cast, like in the Ish areas. you would need a boat to get of this island.

Now this has to have a little timer on it like say 2 minutes, that would allow for lost connections to be reset.

Stop prancing around with this issue and put your feet down devs.

18. Kirthag

Kirthag Former Stratics Publisher
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor Evergreen

curious.... to the OP...

does it hurt riding an ethereal llama without pants?

o.o

19. Sneaky Que

Sneaky Que Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Not for him it doesn't! :p

20. ImaNoobieToo

ImaNoobieToo Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Letting trial accounts start on a special "new-player shard" and letting the upgrade process give them a free x-fer (NOT A TOKEN) this would be sweet... Could only do things like using accounts for cams on 1 shard (until they pay for them or time runs out!)

I have used trial accounts for a few things including gold farming just FYI I wont go into how I do it tho... That said I put ghost cams or these hidden trial account characters in the same category as what I do as they are used to find active spawns so a player with script bots and/or a pk guild can come in near the end and take over or they do this just so they can find players to kill. They get the scrolls, gold sometimes the players items both of which fall under the category of scripted gold farming IMO. I would say the items to but all in all most of the items are the SUX on champ boses. Honestly I think its the only way some PK guilds get players to kill anymore things are so bad in felucca. Some of the PK guilds evolved from this type of play I bet!

Just FYI using a script it takes 12 seconds for me to make a trial account and getting valid CC numbers can be scripted to... How many accounts is that per day assuming only 1 computer and 1 instance of the script is being used?

21. ImaNoobieToo

ImaNoobieToo Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Just a FYI I know years ago a certain player was talking in game about doing exactly what has been going on for years with champ spawns... Using scripted characters that are basically slaves to his main to accomplish champ spawn hunting, ghost cams and raids. Its multiple chars but essentially just 1 person behind most of what is going on or at least thats once possibility I dont know that for certain.

Another FYI... I have made a total of 20 trial accounts I am not a big "farmer" I just did it to get some stuff for myself not myself + a million other players =>

22. xantier

xantier Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Trials have pwnt the TC1.. We can't test any template , item combinations etc. just because of the trials and some noobs. They fill everywhere with green crystals and crash our clients.

23. Reximus

Reximus Guest

Re: This is not Trial Accounts

No issues? If I want to scout I have to run around, this is scouting six entrances 24/7 without moving.