1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Disapointed with the new house sign

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Promathia, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Promathia

Promathia EM Bennu Fanclub
    Premium Stratics Veteran

[​IMG]

Was hoping we were getting the signs already in game. I do thank the Dev team for their work, and the gifts this year are alot better than the past couple years. I just wish we would utilize stuff already in the game more :(

2. iamSnippa

iamSnippa Journeyman

agreed :(

3. Martyna Zmuir

Martyna Zmuir Crazed Zealot

I wish they weren't named "sign," or showed a weight. Also, it would have been nicer if they just showed the customizable text, without the brackets...

4. RaDian FlGith

RaDian FlGith Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Actually, I'm very happy that the signs we got are the style that they are.

This still leaves room for the Devs to give "Sign Making" to carpenters as a skill and allow them to be crafted in-game for use. That would be my preference rather than a 1-time sign.

So I'm actually happy they're something different.

5. Mirt

Mirt Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Thats a great idea! I wish they did this it would add so much color to things.

6. Cetric

Cetric Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

shut your moosehole trammy pants

7. Promathia

Promathia EM Bennu Fanclub
    Premium Stratics Veteran

Still love you :heart:

8. A Thought Elemental

A Thought Elemental Journeyman

I rather liked the new signs, but agree that I'd prefer for viewers to not see the series of square brackets around the lines.

BTW my house customization tool allowed me to turn the sign to the same angle of the classic-styled one in your screenshot (EC client here, though). It looks nicer from the front IMO.

9. Cerwin Vega

Cerwin Vega Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I think a few different styles given at randon would be cool, maybe 1 rarer style. Being able to cross shard trade tickets with people you should be able to get enought tickets to find the one your looking for.

10. Nok

Nok Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Like the idea, but... just had this horrible vision of neon house signs. *twitches*

11. Jynxx

Jynxx Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter ShadowStorm

THIS.

Remove the first 4 lines of text and ditch the brackets.

Also, I wouldn't mind if they were dyable...

12. iamSnippa

iamSnippa Journeyman

What Nok said...

13. EvilPixieWorks

EvilPixieWorks Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I agree... I actually posted this a month ago when the news came down. Hoping it would be these wooden signs or the gold ones. They are around... I think the old Gargoyle city in Ilsh.

I still like these new ones, mind you... but I worry if they will be easily overlooked when we want them to be seen.

I still like all the new stuff... its just a matter of finding use for the LARGE doormats that's in my mind now. Most of my houses have single entry doors, not double. Both mats are double door size.

14. Saphireena

Saphireena Lore Keeper

I agree completely. I also feel like hanging it up will be kind of useless because it will go unnoticed. Having the classic signs we've been used to seeing in UO since the beginning would have been the best option and would make the signs feel much more "official" and actually make people look at them. I also like the old ones more in a visual aspect as well. Don't really care much for these new ones. They're too... thin and somehow rough looking.

15. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

16. Saphireena

Saphireena Lore Keeper

17. EvilPixieWorks

Stratics Veteran

Oh… well… I’m not saying the signs are bad by any measure. Needing to use a new graphic for this is where I question it. Clearly we can't use the father Christmas statue year-round… however, the welcome mats… clearly, have year-round possibilities, if you can use them.

I have been trying to think back to all the Christmas gift pasts we’ve had… and I still say the most successful were the ones not actually connected to the winter holiday. SURE, having theme gifts is great! Don’t get me wrong. Some of us really love dressing our houses and establishments up for Christmas… but a snowman in July? hehe. Christmas potted plants? Snow mounds? As much as I loved the artwork with the ice-sculptures… I can never find a good use for them. I love the icicles most and use TONS, and I like the garland too… but a little more down the list. If you have an Ice-Island house… easily you can do the snow theme year round. My favorite has to be the old Christmas bells. That’s something you can use YEAR ROUND.

One of my biggest wishes for items is larger bells. Not beehives made up to be bells, sold by super-overpriced EM event dealers. But actual larger bells. I have a “Church of Candy” themed building in my town… designed long before we had any candy in game. Then the bat statues came… my bell free had something to live in it. :p hehe. But I had placed the old-school small bells all around for the proper decoration. Bigger would be better. It's just a wish for someday.

The new house signs… I still love and will use a lot of. Trust me. I’m already at it. I still see them most handy for teleporter hub establishments, replacing books locked on the pads. That’s the only way we have to ID them. Kind of stinks. Can't even dye the pads… still, the vet house to house pads are one of the best things ever added.

18. jack flash uk

jack flash uk Crazed Zealot

i wish there were another 126 gift boxes to try to collect including 21 new angel boxes:)

19. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

May I offer a suggestion?

Attached Files:

20. EvilPixieWorks

Stratics Veteran

Rats! Now I have 2 of those fountains to consider. lol.

Too bad you cant turn the water into sparkling wine.