1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Disarming traps: useless skill....

Discussion in 'UHall' started by daeath, May 12, 2008.

1. daeath

daeath Guest

Ok, I've been away for several years and have just come back to playing and I've been having great fun. However, I was wondering if there is any reason for me to keep disarming traps as a skill. I have 76 pts in it and it was kind of fun to be able to disarm rather than blow a trap. However, I decided to switch it up and blow them with telekineses and have found that to be much more useful. This is because I can recall in, hide/stealth to boxes, unlock them, stealth to a safe distance, blow three traps in a few seconds and immediately hide/stealth back over and loot. With disarming I am revealed and it has a long skill cooldown so I can't hide again as fast. So for survival and any other purpose, disarming traps is completely useless. I would, however, willingly give up even 200pts (GM Detecting/Disarming) to be able to use disarm trap while remaining hidden. Even if this ability only manifested itself at GM level, I would find it worthwhile. Nothing like robbing an elder gazer blind. As for balance... even if GM Detecting was not required, 50 detecting is required even to use Disarming so I'd have at least 150 skill pts tied up in this ability.

On another topic, does luck affect chest loot and are there great new chest locations in the continents? (Ill was the newest when I left)

2. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

No new spots (though there are level 6 maps now, that come from certain paragon creatures in Ilshenar in chests). The level 6s have minor artifacts in them.

The chest spawn is a bit tougher now - undead that cast necromancy, especially - but the level 6 maps are insane, now that the Ancient Wyrms they spawn got boosted stats.

3. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Disarm traps is a relevant skill in factions. *nods*

4. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

Magic doesn't open items on Siege. On Siege you have to have remove traps if you want to open chests...la

5. JC the Builder

JC the Builder Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

You can also use it to remove traps on the ground at champion spawns. Remove Trap is a niche skill but is not useless.

6. Nisse/Ubbe

Nisse/Ubbe Guest

On SP you must have it, becous there is no other way. I wish i had remove up and dident change my skills. I dont know how many who just drop their chets they got from wisps in glow.

7. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

Yeah, i picked up a few chests. Now just to get LP up to GM, lol...la

8. Damia TMC

Damia TMC Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Since the professions forumns are down, can anyone give some advice on the best way to train this skill up?

Thanks
    Lady Damia

9. JC the Builder

JC the Builder Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!