1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Disconnects getting a tad bit ridiculous.

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Fingers, Dec 27, 2014.

1. Fingers

Fingers Adventurer

Happening often, or it sure feels that way. LS and or Test. Then its server sync, must wait a bit. *peers in the window*....anyone there.....?

2. AnneNomilly

AnneNomilly Seasoned Veteran
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

Question, when you get disconnected, does anything else on your computer go down? I'm trying to trouble shoot my issues and I'm not at all sure if it's UO or something on my computer. I've replaced the network card, taken the router out of play, replaced the network cables, etc. Just curious what your symptoms are when you drop. Thanks!

3. NBG

NBG Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

What I noticed is that both CC and EC will freeze every so often if I have other active internet traffic, maybe this gets worse for some people to the point of being disconnected. My bandwidth is fine as far as being able to handle high volume of traffic so I do not think the freeze is caused by having too much traffic. This was not happening prior to my break from the game but is definitely noticeable since I started playing again recently.

4. Zalfein

Zalfein Journeyman
    The DarkOutlaws, TDO

I doubt your problem is the same I got, but just in case:

I remember having freezes in the past when I got my new laptop and removing all the power saving, especially on the Wi-Fi interface, fixed my problem. So, just make sure the global setting is set to high performance.

Zalfein

5. NBG

NBG Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Not on WiFi and do not have power saving software other than Windows' default (Already set to performance). My computer is the same one that was used prior to my break.