1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Discordance questions.

Discussion in 'UO Bard' started by imported_Chad Sexington, Oct 28, 2007.

1. From the FAQ:

<blockquote><hr>

Discordance:

This skill is used to weaken a creature. Like Provocation and Targeted Peacemaking Discordance is difficulty based. To get the correct skill necessary to successfully discord a target reduce its base difficulty by 20% (10 points).

To use the skill

- use skill discordance
    - target the creature

If successful, your target will lose a percentage of its skills and stats. The percentage lost is dependant on the bard’s Discordance skill. For instance, at 50.0 skill, the target loses 10% from all stats and skills; and at 100.0 skill the target loses 20% from all stats and skills. Once the effect wears off, the target's skill and stats will return to normal. (Does not affect player characters.)

[/ QUOTE ]

This does not affect resists?

I decided to convert my pvp mage into a pvm mage. Dropped wrestling and I'm looking at something like this:

120 Magery
    120 Eval
    120 Med
    120 Resist
    120 Music
    120 Discord

I always wanted a provoker, but the double targeting is a hassle (especially if you miss).

Peace would be nice. But I've heard a lot of good things about Discord. Is it really that good?

I would consider dropped resist for Provoke... but I can't stand getting poisoned all the time and getting paralyzed forever.

Discord only?

2. joblackjon

joblackjon Guest

Disco affects ALL the creature's stats, resists and skills. 120 Disco reduces everything by 28%.

Peace is nice on a Tamer. I think Disco and/or Provo are a better for a Mage.

Good hunting

3. Mulan's

Mulan's Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Disco affects ALL the creature's stats, resists and skills.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, Discord affects only skills and resists. It does not affect stats at all.

4. <blockquote><hr>

Disco affects ALL the creature's stats, resists and skills. 120 Disco reduces everything by 28%.

Peace is nice on a Tamer. I think Disco and/or Provo are a better for a Mage.

Good hunting

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I may just give in and go:

120 Magery
    120 Eval
    120 Med
    120 Music
    120 Provoke
    120 Discord

I liked discord because it's just like another spell. Just hit the discord macro + last target and get all the benefit without any loss in stride.

But provoke may be worth it.

I'm just not used to carrying trapped crates. I never have. But I've been killed too many times my paralyze on my pvm warrior was testing out.

5. Poo

Poo The Grandest of the PooBah’s
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor 4H

my bard has never died to being parad.

i dont think many critters can cast off a para while in disco.
    if a critter is 100 magic and you gonk it for -28 that takes it down to the 60% range for being able to cast para.

meh.

6. 5% Luck

5% Luck Guest

You need skill increase items like a good scrapers and a crystaline ring you can managge the provok and the resist if you can broker out a suit

120 discord
    110 provok +10 bracletw/lrc
    110 music +10 braclet w/lrc
    100 magery +20 Crysaline ring
    100 med
    100 eval
    80 resist +10 scrappers +10 ageas of grace

+60 skillpoints from items

this will also let you wear the vesper chaos sheild for a casting cap of 1/2 its not the 2/6 that a pvp mage is used to but its sumthing Plus since in PvM you going to get consta nuked IMO protection is a must and 70 resist spells is enogh (kinda)

7. is aegis meddable?

8. Guest

Guest Guest

nope only spell channel shields are meddable