1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Discording a Pet before taming it?

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by Guest, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Does Discording a pet prior to taming it have a lasting affect on it's skill caps? Or would they still be able to be trained up to the 90% of pre tame, pre discord level?

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Why pray tell are you discoing a critter before ya tame it for? there is nothing we can tame that can not be tamed via lead taming nor is there anything out there you cant build a suit that has the highest resist in the damage type the target critter deals out.......

Disco as far as I know does not effect the taming difficulty .......

3. Disco doesn't effect the pet's post tame skills or stats. Paralyze is the only thing effects the skills more than just lead taming a pet. You lose 14% skills if it's paralysed at any time during the taming attempt. Normally you only lose 10%.

4. yeah, I actually discord hiryu when I'm lead taming em, caues it makes them not hit me as hard if I get bit. After you tame em and break the discord, they have the normal 10% skill drop that all pets get.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Cool, thanks for the answers guys. I was thinking that was the way it worked, but never actually tried it.