1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Discrepnacies in gains

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Marquis de Sade 209, Jul 24, 2014.

1. Marquis de Sade 209

Marquis de Sade 209 Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I have been training a new warrior. I started out with the same amount of mace fighting and tactics, but for some reason mace fighting raises a lot faster than tactics. I am curious why this is, am I fighting the wrong monsters or does this always happen?

2. PlayerSkillFTW

PlayerSkillFTW Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

It's because the monsters you're fighting have Wrest closer to your Macing skill than their Tactics is to your Tactics. Both skills gain based on a calculation between the difference of your skill and your opponent's skill, the closer they are, the better the chance for gains. Anatomy gains however, do not take into consideration your opponent's skills. You can gain Anatomy off of hitting anything.
    Might want to get yourself a Crystal Ball of Knowledge, those are awesome for skill gaining.

Marquis de Sade 209 likes this.
  3. greenwolf

greenwolf Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Tactics is a little bit more tricky in terms on training it. You have to actually fight monster around your tactics lvl to gain. I believe you kill zombies and then skeletons in New Haven until like 60, then you can go kill ettins in the new player dungeon. Which is also located in New Haven south of the moongate.

4. Marquis de Sade 209

Marquis de Sade 209 Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Thank you guys for the advice :)

5. Winter

Winter Lore Keeper

You need to fight mobs that have Tactics +/-20 skill points or your skill (no gains outside of +/-25 skill except for ggs). That number works for all melee skills except for Anatomy, and works for pet training also.

Marquis de Sade 209 likes this.