1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion: Floating Goza Mats and 24h service suspension...

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by Simon, May 3, 2010.

1. Simon

Simon Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Hey guys,

FYI: I've just posted this into "Ask the devs"-Forum...

Another nice example of a masterpiece with floating goza mats:
    [​IMG]

2. Tazar

Tazar Guest

I think the GM was misinformed on this one and I would appeal if you can.

My home also uses many areas with floating goza's. I specifically asked a couple of the developers about it and the answer was:

It is legal as long as it meets 3 requirements.

1.) The design must be built within game-mechanics (ie: no outside programs, etc.).
    2.) The design must not provide me with an unfair advantage.
    3.) The design must not grief or block other players.

On item one, it was confirmed that dropping a goza while standing on a ladder was within game mechanics.

On item two, it provides no advantage... you still get the exact same number of lockdowns, etc.

On number three... because your house was private, you should have been fine. I do know that there are a few "tricks" that can be used to make the items show even when you have not been in the house to load them. This would be bad and could block another player from customizing a house north-west of yours. In my case, the house behind me is also mine - so I am not blocking anyone regardless.

My home has goza's that build up to the equivalent of the 9th floor of the house and I have had both of the above mentioned developers up there - with no comment other than "Wow! It's amazing!".

I hope it all works out for you.

Please let us know how it turns out as well. If they are really going to take this stance now, I have a newly designated player run town to tear down. :(

3. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Simon, I see no date on that notice, is this a recent suspension?

4. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Definitely appeal, be polite and as specific as possible. GM service is a mixed bag, definitely from it being a luna house makes it much more visible and therefore more of a target of bored/jerky players to page on. Good luck getting the suspension overturned!

5. Simon

Simon Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Thank you all for your answers so far...

Now I had the time to upload a screenshot of the structure from my notebook:

[​IMG]

Thank you Tazar. I'm sure I meet all the three requirements you were talking about. As you can see on that picture the sight is to no house blocked. Also my character won't be displayed over someone elses house if someone looks from outside.

I did not placed over the public ground (which isnt possible anyways) and I made sure no one can fall of the building. There was no way to get stuck on that structure. I really cared much about that. Safety first! :)

Yes, it was last friday.

I'm polite. I just hate to rebuild everything now because my gf and I worked for over a week to make it looking that nice.

Can we have an official statement please, that using ladder + goza mats are legal as long as we dont harass any other player? I think I speak for all house decoration enthusiasts who love UO for the wide range of decoration opportunities. Thank you.

6. Hello.
    Hey Tazar, thank you for the link. I took the time to read up on everything. It took me a day and a half, with 3 hours sleep in there somewhere, but i rebuilt my shop.
    It follows all 3 rules. Nothing other than the walls on floors 1-4 are visable. Unless a character were to choose to look at my house, they see only the main stucture provided through the customize mode. Not a single piece of Deco is visable through out the entire plot. On top of that, my shop is structurally sound, asper the building code provided by custmize mode.
    I am really proud of my work and feel it provides inspiration to the posabilities of the game. Thanks again for the headsup Tazar. If you would, come take another look. If you notice anything that i may have done improperly, please let me know.

Peace, Mosby

7. Tazar

Tazar Guest

I wish we knew for sure at this point, but the OP's post also seems to fit the guidelines I was told so it seems the rules have changed without notice. I wish I knew the rules myself so I would not have to worry about my place!

8. Omnius

Omnius Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Your Ultima Online account has been flagged due to the following violation of the Rules of Conduct.

Violation: Illegal House Design
    Shard: Legends
    Character: Mr.Medio
    Note: When next you log into your account, you must re-design your house and remove any extra levels you have placed. Failure to do so may result in long term suspension or possible termination of your account.

Rules of Conduct: 19) You will not exploit any bug in the Ultima Online product or the Ultima Online Service. You will not intentionally use or share any bug found within Ultima Online, whether or not it grants an unfair advantage, is real or fictitious. You will not communicate the existence of any such bug (either directly or indirectly) to any other user of the Ultima Online Service. You will report any such exploit using the bug reporting methods as described by the Ultima Online Service at http://www.uo.com/mailBug.html.

9. Omnius

Omnius Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I have a small greenhouse above my house in luna. only a few tiles by a few tiles. Suspended.