1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion: Night and Day

Discussion in 'Project: Gorgon Discussion Hall' started by Auriel, Jun 19, 2014.

1. Auriel

Auriel Project: Gorgon Game Mod

Mar 9, 2014
    I have organized, somewhat, last Saturday's Town Hall and will bring subjects here for further discussion. As the players Saturday learned, the devs want to know our thoughts and wishes. So please feel free to contribute!

Dreadz LOCAL there needs to be a day/night cycle ini game

Dreadz LOCAL which would allow for you to know how long you have before can speak to certain npc’s

Admin LOCAL yeah, hoping to do that pretty soon... gotta get the lighting issues worked out

Admin LOCAL It will be a shorter-than-real-world timespan I think. Like EQ or AC

Admin LOCAL an hour of day and an hour of night, or something like that

Admin LOCAL I dunno, it's all pretty up in the air. the big factor is weather, it needs time for a nice thunderstorm or snowstorm to blow in during the day or night, so at least an hour long. more than that may be annoying if people are trying to do night-only things…

Admin LOCAL shopkeepers wont keep hours, except for maybe a couple special ones. too annoying

nimor LOCAL so even if ur in diff time zone u will not get stuck in light or night

Admin LOCAL good point about having an odd number of hours in the cycle

Admin LOCAL if you can only play at 7pm it shouldnt ALWAYS be dark when you log in

seas LOCAL sorry if already stated, but what would happen at night specicically once implimented

Admin LOCAL seas: different weather, different spawns maybe, some NPCs would behave differently