1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Hello Guest! On January 27th Stratics will be brought down for an extended maintenance period. This period may take upwards of 12 hours to complete. Please check the thread in the Announcements forum for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Disguise Kit - Animal Form

Discussion in 'UO Crime' started by Maximus Neximus, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Maximus Neximus

Maximus Neximus Lore Keeper
    Governor Stratics Veteran 4H

Apparently while using a disguise kit, you cannot cast animal form. Whenever I try it says "You can't do that while disguised". Has it always been like this? If so, why even use a disguise kit when you can't make a quick get away?

2. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Always been this way. Unfortunate indeed :-(

It never worked for polymorph either and animal form is a different form of polymorph. I imagine that the reason it isn't allowed is due to a bug that might occur when combining disguise kit with polymorph/animal form since they both affect the character. Reason I imagine this is because this is UO, a game with an incredibly old coding system where one little change could affect a big portion of the game, lol. Would be nice if it worked but they would probably have to re-work the spells/abilities a bit to make it bug-free.

3. Maximus Neximus

Maximus Neximus Lore Keeper
    Governor Stratics Veteran 4H

Didn't know that. I haven't played my thief in years so I thought I'd bring him out for something different. Guess I won't be using disguise kits.