1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Dispel Evil Bugged

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Lefty, Dec 28, 2010.

1. Lefty

Lefty Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Well not to many people that I know of use this spell. Maybe to dispel summons, but it also suppose to drive away evil mobs. It used to work great after AOS launch where I used it on occasions, however it does nothing regardless of skill level and karma. Thought I would bring this to light.

2. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

From my experience using this spell, all I found it to do is dispell summons such as daemons, and elements (fire, wind, earth and water). I think it worked on feys too. Does it still do that at least?

3. It was changed a while ago to no longer make monsters flee and just work as Dispel.

4. That's too bad because the spellbook still states the following.

[​IMG]

5. Lefty

Lefty Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah it worked real well scattering undead. I used it in doom a lot.

6. Lefty

Lefty Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

If you are saying changed purposely. I recall no publish notes on the matter. Something I wouldn't generally miss.

7. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I can't find it now either.

But I remember it. (I remember the change; I don't remember the notes, specifically, so maybe it wasn't announced?)

I can verify Dispel Evil working in the old way as recently as the first Magincia Invasion, when the city was smashed.

Sometime after that, it finally did dispel things, which it hadn't before. But it no longer "turned" evil or hostile creatures as it once had.

Once I got used to it, though, I find that it about as useful in both its incarnations.

-Galen's player

8. GalenKnighthawke

Stratics Veteran

I saw that too.

However, as noted, I remember Dispel Evil working in the "old" way during 2007, when Magincia was smashed by demons. I remember this quite distinctly, from the first night that the light demons, who would eventually destroy the city physically, appeared.

The change I found and you posted dates to 2005.

-Galen's player

9. Gelf

Gelf Guest

When they altered dispel evil to dispel summons(fixed actually since it was supposed to do this), they broke the part that made mobs run away. although it did still work against faction (as in town invasion) mobs, it no longer worked against anything else(non-faction).

10. Lefty

Lefty Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Pub 57 - Dispel Evil:

* Now works on Player Summons.
    * Players must now combat flag summons to dispel innocent summons

It still suppose to work against evil mobs by definition and from what I remember it worked against summons also prior to this, you just didn't have to target. Try it now, you still do not need to target.

11. chad

chad Sage
    Stratics Veteran

It was working for me less than a week ago. IMO, you are mistaken.

12. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

works for me, I use it a lot during the invasion this days and everyone flee like rabbits (and last time I was near 0 karma :D )

13. GalenKnighthawke

Stratics Veteran

If Gelf is right, invasion spawn (going back at least 3 years, before the advent of the loyalty system) is considered in a different category than normal spawn, and Dispel Evil will work on it, still.

Your experience appears to back that up, unless you've also used it successfully on normal spawn.

I shall have to test the next time a city is invaded. It's very intriguing.

-Galen's player

14. I'm fairly sure when they made the change a discussion on stratics happened where a dev stated it would no longer do what it previously did.

I never used it when it did flee as that was a pointless ability (and borderline griefing) you either want stuff on you to leech or you can move yourself. The current use I've been using pretty much since it came out.

15. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder

I've just used it on khaldun cursed and it works... just remember that when the effect is over they run back to you :D

16. Lefty

Lefty Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Didn't work for me at the undead spawn or even a grave yard. 105 chiv Glorious Lord

17. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder

seems not working on undeads...

18. Beastmaster

Beastmaster Guest

another one for the fix it list

19. Warpig Inc

Warpig Inc Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Ya never like the after the mob was scattered effect. Sure can break them up and run them back to recover from a pounding. They can return and chase like they have paragon movement. Why I stopped using it.