1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Displaying Bottles?

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by Assia Penryn, Sep 27, 2009.

1. Assia Penryn

Assia Penryn The Sleeping Dragon
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Does anyone have any pictures of some bottle displays? I have a collection of bottles (wine, ale, etc) that I've been struggling with a way to display that doesn't look as if its just repeated due to them sitting on the same spot. I can raise a few up to make them look diagonal from each other, but that looks kinda bleh when its repeated 5 or 6 rows.

So... wondering if anyone has done some bar displays and have some pictures I can look at for ideas. Thanks in advance, I really appreciate it.

2. Hyssmaye

Hyssmaye Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I did a wine cellar to display my Melisande's bottles, and other special wines using an old-school corner stand deco piece (don't know original inventor!). Each vertical row has three shelf sections, with each section made from two clock frames (one turned so they make a 'v'), and a barrel lid for the shelf itself. I had each bottle raised so it looked like it was resting on the barrel lid "shelf", three bottles per vertical row.

It's "repeat-y" but I liked the effect.

I'm at work so I can't send a pic, but I will post a pic tonight...

3. Assia Penryn

Assia Penryn The Sleeping Dragon
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Thank you! I'll try that out!

4. Hyssmaye

Hyssmaye Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Here's a pic :)

[​IMG]