1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Do 30/30 crafting Talismans spawn ?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by popps, Feb 8, 2010.

1. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I have seen Talismans with 30% in either regular or exceptional bonus but never both.

It is not a big deal, granted, one can just use 2 different talismans with both at 30% and get the job done anyways but was wondering anyhow whether 30/30 do spawn at all.

Anyone knows ?

2. hakeem

hakeem Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Yes they do. I have a 30/30 in carpentry, and a 30/30 in fletching, owned by me. No idea how much that is worth.

3. popps

popps Always Present

Out of curiosity, you bought/found them or got them yourself ?

From the Heartwood quests or any of the Library collections ? Did it take much long to bump into them or it was good luck ?

4. Beastmaster

Beastmaster Guest

It was extremely lucky! I've gotten thousands of talismans and have never even seen one with a single 30 on it. Up til now I figured they were a myth.

5. Tetricyde

Tetricyde Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

:fake::postpics:

Pics Or It Didn't Happen...

6. Ezekiel Zane

Ezekiel Zane Grand Inquisitor

Jeez, it's like everything else, wholly and completely up to the dreaded RNG. Talismans' properties are decided the same as loot, runic's etc. Is this a surprise?

7. popps

popps Always Present

One 30% in either regular or exceptional crafting bonus is not rare. I have seen several.

The 30/30 I have yet to see any.

8. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

Wow. :drool:

9. popps

popps Always Present

I don't know, it all depends how it was coded.

That is, if there are weights favouring or disfavouring a given property and intensity to spawn.

Since I have no clue how Talismans' bonuses where coded, I have no clue how likely it might be to get the 30 bonuses.......

10. Fink

Fink Guest

I have a 30% Alchemy Bonus "Treatise on Alchemy" Talisman from the Library. I thought they all came with that but apparently it's random. I don't have any others.

11. WarUltima

WarUltima Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I have a 30/28 never seem 30/30

12. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

I got one of those too, that came with a 15% Exceptional bonus in addition to the 30% normal.

Is there anything that uses the exceptional bonus? Alchemy's outside the realm of the crafting skills I usually cover...

13. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I wish! My 'treatise on alchemy' has a disappointing 21%

Smoke bombs can be 'exceptional'

14. popps

popps Always Present

To my understanding, the aid of the exceptional bonus is to reduce waste of resources when crafting and to (possibly, anyone can confirm this ?) reduce breaking of items when ehnancing.

Or the breaking when enhancing relates to the regular bonus, not the exceptional ?

15. Talismans have no affect on enhancing, although I, like many, still equip our talismans in the hope that the RNG gods will favor us.

16. I don't believe there's anything that the exceptional tag actually makes better, but there are a couple of items that can be made exceptional. It's actually more of a nuisance than a help to have apples and smoke bombs come up exceptional. It just means you've got to use up one more lockdown in your house.

17. flappy6

flappy6 Sage

when heartwood first was released all the quest gave better items including tailsman,then they changed it and now it is hard to get a good tailsman and the items you get are junk,but thats only way someone would have gotten a 30/30 tailsman. maybe from minax paper from travesty or sanctuary quest,but if someone does have one they are very rare

18. *waits for the inevitable*

19. popps

popps Always Present

Why would Minax paper from travesty or sanctuary quest yield more likely a 30/30 as compared to the Heartwood quests ?

They are coded differently ?

20. Slickjack

Slickjack Rares Fest Host | Cats Nov 2010
    Stratics Veteran

Even though I promised myself I'd never post in another one of Popp's threads, I can't help but show this off.....

[​IMG]

BOO YA

21. popps

popps Always Present

Just out of curiosity, "if" you were to sell it what would you sell it for ?

22. Shelleybean

Shelleybean Certifiable

I remember when the loot was nerfed. I guess it didn't occur to me that the talismans could have been nerfed too, but you are probably right. It would be cool if a developer could confirm this.

23. Beastmaster

Beastmaster Guest

I don't think there are any left that would have knowledge of this.

24. Arcades

Arcades Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I bought a 30/26 Inscription Tali off a vendor, he was selling it b/c it had another property of which I cant recall, but it was super cheap. But to my knowledge, I didnt think Exceptional Inscribe talis were worth anything cuz there's nothing special about making scribed items exceptional

25. Slickjack

Stratics Veteran

Well, without any Dev telling me differently, I'll keep burning my Scrapper's with this talisman.... oh yeah, my rate of books that have mods on them ABSOLUTELY has increased since getting the 30/30 tally. I've burned several thousand over the last two years, so I'd say my "sample size" is pretty good too!

Popp: Not For Sale, at any price.

26. Silverbird

Silverbird Slightly Crazed

The average exceptional runebook has more charges than the average non-exceptional one.

I have seen talismans spawn as loot on peerless mobs. Getting even a single +30 in hjeartwood is really rare these days. :( I've yet to see some ... though I dont quest there very often. I have all recipes from down there and plenty of other things to do.

27. Zosimus

Zosimus Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Create a char on the japanese shards. They are way into crafting and you will see a few with 30/30 tailsman. They love their crafting and truthfully som eof the best items in the game I have seen before imbuing.

28. Kyrgon

Kyrgon Guest

Grats :) I have the same

Attached Files:

29. Slickjack

Stratics Veteran

WOW! Never saw another one, guess we are lucky, huh?

What is your experience with your's? Better mods as far as you've seen on books burned?

30. Gelf

Gelf Guest

not sure how relevent this is, but when ml first came out was trading some stuff with a guy(cant remember name) but he showed me a tali with mining on it, was in the 20's i believe. tried to get him to trade it to me but he wouldn't, as he figured talis probally weren't supposed to spawn with mining. never seen another one so i guess he was right lol.

31. Xalan Dementia

Xalan Dementia Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

best talis ive gotten were off Travesty herself. used to take her out alot and got alot of 28/28ish ones but never anything with both 30

32. Jesara

Jesara Guest

Wow thats great. My library talisman is 24% and doesn't do as well as others with higher bonus and exceptional. I hadn't realized it was random either.

33. Aristillus

Aristillus Guest

Closest thing to 30/30 I have

[​IMG]

34. wanderer1origin

wanderer1origin Lore Master

nice mine is 30 / 25 my book
    only tried once got a good roll

35. WarUltima

WarUltima Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Mine is 30/28 also the only 1 i ever turned in. :thumbup:

36. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Is the "inevitable" someone pointing out that 2 of the quests are repeatable?

Specifically, "The Ancient World" (Heartwood, the one requiring minotaur artifacts), and the Bedlam admissions one in Umbra.

I've gotten some really good stuff from them, after the nerf (heck, I have an ornate that is about 450 Intensity in properties, from one, that I had several million offered for it, prior to SA)

37. Ezekiel Zane

Ezekiel Zane Grand Inquisitor

I got my 28/25 blacksmithy talisman from one of those quests. Never received anything with a 30 on it though.

38. popps

popps Always Present

I do not understand the point.
    Quests yielding rewards......... so what ?
    That I knew of, quests are there to give rewards....... what is the big deal here ?

"Inevitable" what ?

I do not get it.

39. Nope, that's not it. I'm still waiting for it. It'll happen though, I'm sure of it. It always does.

*Hint*

Someone touched on it. The bait just hasn't been taken yet.