1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Do dex affect anything related to taming

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by Sakamoto, Jun 5, 2010.

1. Sakamoto

Sakamoto Guest

Hey

For some reason my tamer have 45 dex, I cannot remember why I did this, since my tamer have no melee skills at all.

So do dex have any effect on our skills, I can only think of vet as the only skill, where dex could play a role.

Maybe in some cases when leadtaming and you take a hit, it could be smart to have some extra dex?

If not, what are the lowest dex you can get away with?

As a newly returned player, I have just about no clue about anything, so be gentle :)

Sakamoto

2. Aibal

Aibal Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Dex has no real use for a tamer. I generally keep it around 20 so that I don't get stamblocked, but that's about it. Speed of bandages on a pet is not affected by dex, so lower yours by putting more into your intel or strength.

3. Sakamoto

Sakamoto Guest

Thank you

4. DreadLord Lestat

DreadLord Lestat Social Media Liaison
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Social Media Liaison Stratics Legend PITMUCK

Back in the day you needed at 45 dex for the quickest bandages while vetting so I am guessing that is what it was there for. I think PUB 16 changed that, what ever publish it was that brought powerscrolls I think. I could be wrong about the time period but I remember being excited when they removed the need for dex while vetting, I was able to put it into intel and strength and was a happy camper.