1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

[Gardening] Do Different Plants Need Different Potions?

Discussion in 'UO Botany and Nutrition' started by Fink, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Fink

Fink Guest

Can someone point me to any information on potion consumption by plant variety, if it exists?

It seems some types are thirstier for poison and cures, while others seem to thrive almost solely on water. At least these are my casual observations and I've heard others remark on it too. I've never really explored this as I've always just grown whatever look I was after anyway. Now that I'm just growing for colour, it seems like I could save a few kegs by planting the right seeds.

Unless it's myth.
  2. Just Emma

Just Emma Guest

I haven't actually kept close track, but it seems that plain plants tend to be a bit less demanding where potions are concerned. Cactus, too, regardless of color. It could be random, though. I'm not sure if it would make that much of a difference anyway, so I'd say that a gardener should just grow whatever they want.
  3. TullyMars

TullyMars Sage
    Stratics Veteran

May 14, 2008
    I truly believe there are certain plants that are hardier (or is it heartier?) varieties using less potions and even less water to tend to.
    I think cacti are one.
    I even remembering seeing a post suggesting to use cacti if you are just growing to chop up for petals for pigment.
    But of course for the life of me I can't find this post.
    And I am not sure how scientific it is.

If someone has the initiative, perhaps they can grow batches of 20 of each plant and count the potion use for the lifecycle.
  4. Fink

Fink Guest

Thanks, I'll try cacti.