1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Broadsword team is seeking alternative castle designs! Learn more and discuss here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Publish 97 is currently on TC1! They are currently focusing on the pet customization aspect of the pet revamp. Head to TC1 and send in your feedback or discuss here!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Broadsword is hosting a 20th Anniversary Party for UO this September! Learn more here. Will you be there, Guest?
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A new State of Stratics is up. Check it out here!
    Dismiss Notice

Do I need 120 healing to Solo?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by RavenWinterHawk, Dec 5, 2011.

1. So... is there even 120 healing. Shows you how much I pay attention. I had fun building a suit and seem to do pretty well against Unbound EV's but if I had just a little more healing speed.

Or is it I need to crank up my dex. Going to look in stratics but you all are faster.

found it
    http://uo.stratics.com/content/skills/healing.php

2. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Dex is speed.

Healing/Anat are amount, and chance to cure poison or bleed in the middle.

No you don't need 120 to solo Shame.

-Galen's player

3. Thanks
    Wasted time building a suit when I just need dex.

4. Mook Chessy

Mook Chessy Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

my sammy has zero healing
    keep your resists over 65 your stamina over 160 and keep all ssi off weapons, this lets you have max leeches.

for SSI i use tinker legs and 5 ssi ring.

if your starting from scratch i would say use a fencer as they leafblade is nice and it allows you to to use a crazy shield (mine is 5 steg, 4 int, 4 stam regen, 100 luck, 10 ssi, 35 di, 4 fire)

5. Theo_GL

Theo_GL Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Sampire - max dci, max hci, stam/mana regin on elemental slayer that swings at 1.25 speed.

I use macing with a weapon that has AI. I chain AI's for 150-170hp each per hit.

They go down pretty easy, just takes a little time given they have 25k hit points or so. No casting skills so just hack and whack.

6. Finally, I started paying attention to the details. Thanks. Time to construct. It will give me something to do.

7. Mr. Smither1

Mr. Smither1 Seasoned Veteran

Having 120 healing and 140 dex for 4 secs heals is nice but way over kill for unbound EVs. I use a dexer with just 110 parry/70chiv/100 anat/90 healing and have never been killed by them(only by someone luring that burning mage on me) Air elemental slayer works on them and lets me get to max damage without having to honor it or enemy of one(less imbue weight on the weapon too).

8. pretty sure dex has nothing to do with healing time any longer. it's set at a base of 8 seconds regardless of dex.

also, enchanted bandages act as if you have +10 more healing skill than you really do. therefore, using 110 healing and enhanced bandages would act as if you have 120. pretty sure you have to be powerscrolled to 120 to get this effect though.

personally, in pvp, i use 90 healing and enhanced bandages as the healing bonus that 120 provides is very limited. for pvm, 40 necromancy +50 spirit speak > 120 healing. since you can turn into a wraith for mana and cast curse weapon, which heals every time you damage something.

9. publish 71 notes
    *For healers with 80 skill or greater in Healing and Anatomy, at half the Heal Duration for self heals, healing will attempt to remove poison and bleed effects. This will reduce the amount healed when the heal is finished its normal duration.
    *Max Heal Duration Reduced to 8 seconds.
    *Slip Damage Now Scales based on Dexterity.
    *Faction Bandages do not require the healing skill and so function using the old healing methods.

stratics is outdated, as usual.

10. soze

soze Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

If you are not a sampire, perhaps imbue Life Leech onto a weapon

11. Ezekiel Zane

Ezekiel Zane Grand Inquisitor

This is incorrect. The base healing time was 11 seconds. It was changed to 8 seconds. It still scales down in 1 second increments based on dexterity.

Stratics' chart is outdated as well. It still shows the old 11 second base formula.

12. RawHeadRex

RawHeadRex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

incorrect

13. it is set at 8 seconds. just didn't know it can scale still. as usual, patch notes are cryptic and doesn't mention full detail.