1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Do Invasion Generals drop Halberds?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by von Beck, Mar 16, 2009.

1. von Beck

von Beck Guest

Just trying to complete a set of all the invasion weapons before pub 58. I spent ages killing a general with a Halberd this morning but nothing dropped in my pack. Anyone else ever got a halberd off a general/ Thanks.

2. Smokin

Smokin Guest

All the ones I killed they never dropped anything. I mean the ones with halberds.

3. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

No, they don't.

4. ya they suck, all that work and nothing in the pack

5. Arcades

Arcades Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Basically all the good 2-handers that you wished had some extra SSI, for some stupid reason, they were never put into the drop-list. Of course the gave out all the archery weapons with more SSI than the melee weapons, but go figure, someone on the DEV team plays an archer or a mage b/c the melee weapons just plain suck compared to the magery ones or even the archery ones.

The least they could've done was make the mods the same on both the archery and melee weapons...the same maximums and the same mods.

And if those uber spellbooks had equivalent melee/archery weapons, then we'd actually use them, of course, unless these can also be imbued, but still, I thought there was a DEV post saying not imbueable. Bah, so many things that could've made this invasion better, yet they screwed over 2-handed melee weapons again.

Seriously DEVs, with all the bonuses to Archery weapons, the 2-handers in UO really need a serious look into. Like increasing range to 2-tiles, craftable with balanced mod, un-disarmable with a 1-handed weapon, increased base damage, to name a few...need I continue?

6. hen

hen Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Does anyone know if they drop quarterstaffs?

7. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

sorry, no quarterstaffs either.

8. hen

hen Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I wish I had asked that a few months ago, thanks Maplestone.

9. Lady_Calina

Lady_Calina Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

That just seems silly. I don't understand why they would allow Generals to drop bows, swords, and other weapons but not staffs and halberds...

10. 1) Oversight.

2) Those are "peasant" weapons and as such an officer wouldn't be carrying them.

Take your pick.

11. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

They do drop clubs :)

12. Slayvite

Slayvite Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Broadsword, Viking Sword.
    Dagger, Kryss.
    Club, War Hammer, Mace, War Mace.
    Bow, Crossbow, Heavy Crossbow.

Mods = SSi, DI, Hld, Lightning.

DI-55 SSI-50 Hld-30 seems to be the best mods available (or 30-Lightning in place of Hld)

13. hen

hen Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

My macer has found the warhammer some kind soul left on the ground during an invasion to be pretty useful in pvm.

14. RichDC

RichDC Guest

Obviously they deem a melee (and i dont mean archery) dismount weapon with 50%ssi too unbalanced but a 10tile dismounting moving shoter/mortal conc blow/paralyse mortal with 50%ssi is fine!!

15. hawkeye_pike

hawkeye_pike Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

The soldiers with 2-handed melee weapons don't drop anything, so don't bother fighting them.

16. Ravahan

Ravahan Guest

Not quite true, I do have a warhammer that's all but useless due to the rediculous str requirement that I can't lower by enhancement.

17. WarUltima

WarUltima Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Except the best invasion melee weapons capped out at only 40ssi whereas all ranged weapons are capped out at 50.

But the 10 extra ssi doesnt really mean much on archery weapon.

Talk about overpowerness... I'd take comp bow/HXbow with 40ssi, dual proc fireball velocity w/balanced mod on it. Can you imaging 35+ moving shot TWO-handed 7-tile weapon that also let you chug?
    I say 35dmg moving shot is an underestimate. Given that I do not have a dual proc HXbow but my dual proc COMPOSITE BOW is capable of doing 35dmg moving shot at 1.5 second a pop if both proc goes off (around 50dmg for dual proc armor ignore).

18. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

They are invaders ... they must be stopped!

19. Arcades

Arcades Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Actually I've found that some 2-hander Generals like ones with Black Staves are the ones that drop the magery books, correct me if I'm wrong but I've managed to snag a few max mod books by mistake just trying to kill generals for their 2-handers to be somewhat disappointed.

20. RichDC

RichDC Guest

The difference between those and the hally ones is they are mages.

If you open there paperdols it will say "whoever" the mage, the others are warrios, and neither the hally or bardiches drop :(