1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

do monster have DCI ???

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by hampage, Aug 30, 2008.

1. hampage

hampage Guest

the formula for hit chance percentage is:

( ( [Attacker's Combat Skill + 20] * [100% + Attacker's Hit Chance Increase]) / ([Defender's Combat Skill + 20] * [100% + Defender's Defense Chance Increase] * 2 ) ) * 100

so my question is: do monster have DCI (defense chance increase) or HCI (hit chance increase) ???

2. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

for the most part, no.

However, if a creature can cast a spell that gives such a benefit, it will have it while the spell is active.

There is one creature that can cast chivalry spells that I know of (some of the EM-created NPC paladins - and possible some of the chaos dragoons), so if they can cast Divine fury, that would give them HCI bonuses and a DCI penalty.

The Busdhido & ninjtsu using NPCs also have some combat bonuses that may or may not fall into this description, from their casting, but I'm not all that familiar with the excat description of their spell abilities.

3. hampage

hampage Guest

so for PvM hit lower attack and hit lower deffense is useless!!!

4. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

No, that's not what I said - nor is it what you asked.....

Actually HLD & HLA work on the monsters - quite well, in fact.

They don't have DCI & HCI BONUSES - which is what you asked.

That means that, like everything else not using magical equipment, they have a default DCI & HCI of ZERO.

HLD & HLA affect that zero, just like they do against other players - by introducing a penalty that can make the property negative.

5. hampage

hampage Guest

ahh ok, perfect =)

now I understand ty