1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

DO NOT BUY THESE!!

Discussion in 'UHall' started by LivinItUp, Jun 17, 2010.

1. LivinItUp

LivinItUp Visitor

By now every shard probably has a vendor(s) selling these as expensive "rares".

[​IMG]

Do not fall for it. These are items being made by a simple exploit using item/graphic that were re-released with SA Expansion.

I'll list what I've been able to name so far and what name it has been changed to:

Empty Venom Vial - Empty Vial
    Treasure Sand - Straw Pillow
    Faction Bandages - Clean Bandages
    Stain - Flask
    Any "new" assembly - Winch
    Faery Dragon Wing - Bull Horn

I'm still trying to find out where the black bone and pink rib came from. These graphics had to be re-released somewhere again with SA Expansion.

Hope this post saves some people some gold. :)

2. Trebr Drab

Trebr Drab Guest

Are you sure these aren't EM items?

3. Alvinho

Alvinho Great Lakes Forever!
    Stratics Veteran

pink rib are unicorn ribs, black horn are gamin horns

4. LivinItUp

LivinItUp Visitor

Positive they aren't EM items.

And no not a unicorn rib or gaman horn. Already estabilshed that the horn is a "faery dragon wing". The pink rib has to be an item with same graphic that came out with SA expansion.

5. Those are faction bandies, these so called "rares" where in circulation a while back, not good to see them rearing there ugly heads again! rolleyes:

6. Bazer

Bazer Slightly Crazed
    Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Stratics Legend

pink rib looks like the pink rib u get from killing a unicorn for the quest to enter under bedlam

7. LivinItUp

LivinItUp Visitor

Yes it is the same graphic as the unicorn rib, but I believe this same graphic was released again on another item with SA.

8. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Same with the green arrows and red feathers. Just reverts the items name to its default value, Like straw pillow.

9. shulginist

shulginist Guest

Black Bone is Abscess Tail I believe.

10. shulginist

shulginist Guest

I think Assia is coming up with a list as well to be stickied.

11. A Rev

A Rev Guest

99% certain they where simply made by transfering with said items in your pack.

Somehow they revert the ID to its original.

The pink ribs are unicorn ribs and the bone im still not certain of.

As far as i know this bug has been fixed...so technically they will become rare.

12. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot

EDIT: Apparently what I said is still possible, I was almost certain they fixed it. Sorry.

13. Nails

Nails Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

look like fun deco to me. i saw this vendor and prices were low. they are obviously not trying to pass them for any type of server rare. things like arrows have been around for ages and prob for selling and buying back from a vendor. at least that was how it use to be done. Really just not a big deal in my mind. Now if they were really expensive, I would think folks need to be careful thinking it was a server rare.

14. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot

I was killing that red theif that has all the gold dust laying around.
    killed some of the spawn and they turn into these. the dust then diasppears after like 5-10 mins or so. but as I was using ctl + shift I noticed 2 of those had the name (straw pillow) so i went over to them and then those names were back to the gold again. seemed stange to me.

so somehow because it is the same graphic that it sometimes tags it to the wrong item?

Lorddog

15. Flutter

Flutter Always Present

I think they are ok to buy, just know they aren't "rares"

The "straw pillow" is actually just the "treasure sand" the mob in the underworld throws at you.
    Other items are easy to obtain as well.
    I guess the old method of changing the names is back. I'm not sure if it's considered an exploit here or not, but it's not hard to do and has never been considered illegal game mechanics (that I know of).
    I believe a dev posted recently about it (People were using the new(ish) items you get from stealing from MOBs at champ spawns) but I am too lazy to look it up.

16. Salya Sin

Salya Sin Guest

How about A Bottle of Wine that is a purplish blue? Anyone ever hear of that.. or know if it's something ******** like the above mentioned items?

17. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox

Does it look like the' harvest wine 2009' from the cornucopia?

18. Lyconis

Lyconis Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Yes the champ spawn items had a similar issue which was fixed with a check done to your backpacks item count. The method I saw used for this still doesn't work (though I'm sure there are others I cannot even fathom). As for the removal of just the names of an item still exists with certain actions, I get it less often than a purple llama instead of an energy vortex.

I personally, am wary of an item that have similar graphic but different name and/or hue in game.

To LivinItUp if you know how this bug is executed or have a rough idea you can submit the information as a bug report on the feedback form. The more information about it you submit the better chances the devs will fix it. Sometimes it takes a while to see the fix get accomplished but they will fix it!
    http://www.uoherald.com/feedback/index.php

These are the items that were bugged out and turned to default name and default hue with the champ spawn stealing issue.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

On the news site dated 03/03/2009
    http://www.uoherald.com/news/archives.php?offset=27
    (link may change as its an offset and not a direct link to an article)

19. Salya Sin

Salya Sin Guest

No... it's a really dark purple... like a purple blue... and it just says

"A Bottle of Wine". Saw it on a vendor and have no clue how it became that color. I tried dying a plain bottle using the natural dyes and the tokuno dyes. No go...

20. Jasonleebeck

Jasonleebeck Guest

If my memory serves, that is a legit item. When Tram first came out, lots of NPC vendors were selling 'off' colored items, such as the gold chessboard, red inshave and blue pouch. This wine bottle can go for around 3-5 million, if not a few more.

21. LeBaiton

LeBaiton New Player Protector

Isn't it a bottle of fermented wine from Melisande that has been transferred?

22. Salya Sin

Salya Sin Guest

That's what I was wondering... I just wasn't sure if that would effect the title.. or what... I never transfer. I'm such a homebody... GO NAPA! :)

23. Xalan Dementia

Xalan Dementia Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

these vendors seem to still be around, lower prices tho so hopefully no ones fallin for it.

24. UltimatePower

UltimatePower Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Those are old em items from hokuto i think it was. Something like that. They used to sell for a few mil each.