1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Do people use voicechats yet? (Thinking of coming back.)

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Ray_Martin, May 26, 2015.

1. Ray_Martin

Ray_Martin Journeyman

Aug 21, 2013
    So, I come and go a lot. I'm one of those guilty ones. If I come back, I'd likely join my old shard I enjoyed back in the 90s. Good ol'AOL Legends.

Do people still insist on ICQ? I don't want or need handouts, but I do at least want to be able to talk to people occasionally. I really enjoyed Chesapeake, but they had their own thing going and the Goblins annoyed the hell out of me to be honest. I wanted to throw a grammar book at them IRL.

I miss going into Despise and grinding out Earth Eles with people... and I miss crafting my armor and wearing this leet Valorite plate set. I miss my plants... I miss cross healing with another player. I miss marking locations and coming back later with one or two friends to see how far we can get.

I'm disappointed by the power scrolls and the skill caps at 120, it just makes it tougher for me to get my mind around templates. I'm disappointed by all the stats now. I'm disappointed so much is now non-markable... but I'll deal and come back.

It's just an awesome cheap time sink. There's just something about mining all day and watching a movie that makes me happy.
  2. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager
    Editor Reporter Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Editor Fallen Lords

Sep 8, 2006
    UO is stuck in 1999.....the only people I know that still use ICQ. When I came back I had to re-download it :/ But a lot of people use other programs as well.

There isn't a universal voice chat program associated with UO but a lot of people have vent servers or TS servers for their guilds. Our Sister Site http://ravenant.com/ hosts a free Mumble server for anyone to use.

Welcome back!
    Lore Denin (GL) likes this.
  3. Jirel of Joiry

Jirel of Joiry Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Feb 2, 2004
    Welcome back!!! AOL Legends!?!? Wow, that's a blast from the past! We're just Legends now. I still play there I can help you, including housing spots I know about. Please look me up or give me a shout in Gen chat in game.
  4. Merlin

Merlin The Enchanter
    Moderator Professional Campaign Patron UWF

Sep 1, 2014
    Yes, plenty of people use voice chat clients. I don't know many guilds or groups that don't have some type of client for voice chat. My guild uses a TS server. I do however sympathize with the old school UO notion of just hanging out and mining while doing something else around the house.

If you come to the Atlantic shard and are looking to get in with a group with a TS server, I'd gladly send you an invite. :)