1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Do talismans affect spells?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Specialshoes, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Specialshoes

Stratics Veteran

The other day I ran from the moongate into my house. A red char started to follow me. He stops outside my house while I am in it. I decide to see if this guy wants to talk so I step just outside my doors.

He starts casting on me and kills me. He only hits me with spells due to the design of my house. A few seconds go by and I get the "Your defense chance has returned to normal" message. Sorry if this post is not very clear I am at work now and should be doing other things.

2. WildWobble

WildWobble Sage
    Stratics Veteran

sounds like you got hit with a weapon and had hit lower defence active on you if it was the result of a spell i don't know but all that i have read says talismans slayers will not work with spells though the totem of voids -10 lower mana cost is handy for a mage.

3. Specialshoes

Stratics Veteran

For some reason I didnt even notice if he had an archery weapon...........Now I just feel silly

4. OxAO

OxAO Guest

Party a red that is out side your door if you are not ready for a fight.

5. Snakeman

Snakeman UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

And Allow Party to loot is......... (Well you know) :D

6. Specialshoes

Stratics Veteran

Ya know you would think I had been in this game long enough to remember those things. I didnt lose anything though cept the gold off a couple insured pieces. Atleast I am smart enough to have my door set back away from the steps.

And it is still not my biggest bonehead mistake in the last month or so. Yes I recalled off a rune without checking the facet with alot of really good uninsured stuff (armour of fortune, orny, etc..)

7. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Well, given that this took place in fel, I don't think it would matter :p

8. Arch Magus

Arch Magus Guest

Bummer dude..

I can see why you have the name Specialshoes...:hug: