1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Do the Pets Get the Artifacts?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Lord Sir Scott, Oct 7, 2008.

1. Lord Sir Scott

Lord Sir Scott Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I have read many posts about how we cant just tell pets to drop any more & how people ask how to get pets to drop items. and so i wondered...
    When we train at swoop or Miasma, do the pets get the artifact and would it benifit to kill my pet after a training session to see if it did in fact obtain one?

Big mystery i guess.

Do Pet Get artifacts Ever?

2. phantus

phantus Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

3. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

no, pets don't get loot at all. The items you get from using the 'drop' command when a pet bonds are those which you would have gotten as loot if you had killed it.
    If you don't remember to use the command before the pet's first death (like me :blushing:) you lose the loot, unless you've the presence of mind to loot it off the corpse.

After this first death the only thing that can be gained from using the drop command are a few arrows or bolts if the pet has been fighting an archer such as juka lord, meer captain, ratman archer or centaur.

4. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

This makes me wonder just how many arrows my warhorse has sticking out of his backside from my recent spree of farming arrows off ratman archers.

Poor Horsey.

5. WarUltima

WarUltima Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Last time I accidently killed my pre-patch golem and it dropped me 4k in bolts and arrows.

6. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

:D ask him, give the drop command and the pile of arrows will appear at his feet.

7. ZippyTwitch

ZippyTwitch Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Actually pets can get the artifacts. I've seen it on my pets before. It's very rare but can happen.