1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

do you care?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by ingsmsico, Jun 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ingsmsico

ingsmsico Visitor

do you care whether someone pushes a button on a keyboard thousands of times to train magery or sticks a penny in it and goes to work or to mow the lawn?

be honest.

2. It depends on the value of the items they have on them, and whether or not they're doing it in a location where I can PK them.

EDIT: I'm actually more concerned with scripts that are used to mass collect resources and scripts that are used to cheat in PvP. How somebody trains their skills is their own business.

3. Tinsil

Tinsil Guest

No. I don't really care if they use scripts to raise skills either.

As long as they aren't jerks about it running 30 accounts mining or gold farming things.. doesn't really matter to me. It's only these people I've ever disliked/cared negatively about.

4. ingsmsico

ingsmsico Visitor

just answer the question morgane don't try to be clever. do you care? yes or no.

5. I have never cared if someone macros afk or at k (whatever)...I have done so myself.

EA seems to care, why I am not sure.

But something tells me that this is leading to some logically fallacy regarding UMing personal skills and script farming every god**** resource in the game...which I actually do care about.

So not biting...thanks.

[​IMG]

6. ingsmsico

ingsmsico Visitor

think what you want that doesn't make it true

7. Whatever...I am not playing this little game.

I have been down this path with enough pro-cheat/pro-script fanbois before. First you will say "Is it okay to macro X skill afk?"
    Then it turns into "Well, how about if you have to use a script to do it?"
    Then it goes to "Well, how about if I want to raise...for innocent example...mining?"

No thanks, not playing along.

8. ingsmsico

ingsmsico Visitor

read my lips, no new taxes

9. Drink up! I am! :pint: (and its obvious you are as well) :)

10. ingsmsico

ingsmsico Visitor

yeah i'm home early for a friday i gotta get up

11. Percivalgoh

Stratics Veteran

If there are 10,000 people mowing their lawn with pennies on their keyboard and my game play is affected by it then I care. If there is only one person in the whole game doing that then I don't care. So I guess just to be safe I am going to say I care since it may affect my game play. I mean if you're going to play don't take up bandwith and be there at the keyboard. If you don't enjoy it do something else.

12. Lady Michelle

Lady Michelle Sprite Full SP
    Stratics Veteran The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Does that penny that someone sticks in it(keyboard) pay the UO bill ? I think not, the penny should not play the game for someone.

Best thing to do is tape the penny to the lawn mower, and let it cut the lawn for you while you play uo.

13. EricVT

EricVT Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Isn't that what they're doing? :p

14. Nails

Nails Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I don't care.. in fact i am doing magery right now

15. UOKaiser

UOKaiser Guest

Non of my buiseness nor do i care. I didn't care when they made every skill that took me a couple years to gm easy for the rest of the population with dev changes after the first few years of Uo or when they put in power hour or when people found the boat method or when they took antimacro code out or when they allow you o buy templates on Uo webpage. Why would I care now. I don't own a leveling up buiseness for players so has no effect on me.

16. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Nope. Skills really don't even matter anymore. The skill gain process in this game is pretty outdated since pretty much everything in game is designed for well established characters.

I honestly don't think much would be lost if everyone got a full set of maxed out soul stones.

17. Green Mouser

Green Mouser Guest

I wonder if opinions on AFK training macros change if the Devs allow us to sell skills on fragments in the future......for now I also agree with "its ok to AFK train".

18. That's pretty much right.

In the gaming abortion that is current UO...who gives a flying f***?

19. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

*sighs*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.