1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Do you need luck to get Minor Artifacts (ML)?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Rainfo X, Feb 19, 2010.

1. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

you dont NEED luck but it does help.

2. Rainfo X

Rainfo X Guest

What I'm asking is if it actually affects the drop rate that the arties will spawn into your pack. I only have 200 luck.

3. Rainfo X

Rainfo X Guest

By "it does help" does that mean it significantly raises the odds of getting an artifact?

4. TirNaNo'g

TirNaNo'g Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

5. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

yes! with that said it was stated by the devs that it is not working exactly as planned! but if i remember correctly it has more to do with the loot tables than luck its self!

6. Lady_Mina

Lady_Mina Guest

I did get more Minor Arties when i had my luck suit on tho...

+1800 luck

7. Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

just go kill trolls or ratman, it numbers when it comes to getting a drop, as stated by the devs luck is screwed up at this time. Does not take long with a paladin killing all the ratmen northwest of sacrifice(?) shrine. Now getting the one you want to drop, well...

8. Cogniac

Cogniac Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

9. Sonoma

Sonoma Guest

I often see statements like this, saying that anything over XXXX luck is not counted. However the only think I ever remember seeing a dev say was the opposite...that there is in fact no cap on luck. Can I ask where this information is coming from?

10. Rainfo X

Rainfo X Guest

I was killing Miasma in the Labyrinth, I've gotten one artifact out of a lot of kills. I probably would be better off hunting paragons.

Oh, maybe I was confused. I want ML artifacts, not Ilshenar arties. Like Totem of the Void...so named mobs like miasma is the only way?

11. Kellgory

Kellgory Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Basically yes (Miasma, Swoop, Coil, ect.). You can get them from doing peerless, but they will be on the corpse not in your backpack. For more detail you can check out the UOGuide page http://www.uoguide.com/Artifacts_(ML)

12. Rainfo X

Rainfo X Guest

Okay. So back to my original question, will luck help me get a higher drop rate on those? Is there a chart for the drop rates on stratics like there is for the paragons?

13. Kellgory

Kellgory Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I would assume the same formula for luck and Ish marties would be the same or close to what it is for ML marties. If unsure, then it never hurts to wear a luck suit since I'm pretty sure it isn't based off looking cool and having great looks.

14. Konge

Konge Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Don't give false information... the Dev's said something with the loot tables was screwed up involving luck (don't make me dig through it) Not that luck entirely was broken.

To answer the question, No you don't need it. Yes it does help, how much it helps depends on your luck and the fame of the creature you're killing. (ie, Para Balron's have a higher chance than Para trolls)

15. Thav12

Thav12 Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I actually don't get this luck thing anymore...

Bushido is supposed to give you a luck bonus in the 1000 range when achieving perfection

Luck statue can give you 400

tough to make a suit with luck for a sampire or any other relatively gimped template, say another 200

So that is how i usually calculate and give my character some luck...

Drops seem lower than ever at miasma. Last totem of the void was 9 months ago, last artie (some lame mace thing) about 3 months ago. No boomsticks, soulseekers or anything sort of valuable has dropped for me.

Not just miasma. I have been doing the doom gauntlet in hopes of getting some something. Solo or in a group, i have been extremely unlucky. One ornate crown, which was only my second drop ever (in 1 1/2 years) on this character. Meanwhile party members and such get drops left and right, at least one or two per session.

I know RNG etc.. still, luck is apparently not contributing. Although my tamer/disco friend with godly luck suit is not complaining about it. He gets his arties just fine.

Damage-wise I should be in the top 3 every time, especially when solo'ing :)

Thoughts?

16. Rainfo X

Rainfo X Guest

From what it sounds like, the godly luck suit is what makes the difference in your friend's getting drops. I bet if I had put together (ie spent a lot of money) on buying a luck suit (probably buying one online...) then maybe I would have gotten drops. If Bushido really does give you Luck, I'm not sure why it's not working for you. I was planning on trying to get a group together for Doom (nobody ever seems to want to go there) to try and get the arties I want, but now it seems like I really should just buy them online.

I personally am sick of all this equipment reliance in UO. I am going to build up an Imbuer, but still, it's a ton of work really. Although LRC is nice, I miss the old days.

17. Rainfo X

Rainfo X Guest

Hum. I'm not sure if luck actually affects it...I put together a suit and used a UO luck statue for a total of 995 luck (my acct age is young). I killed about 20 Miasma, and no ML artifact. I think that drop rate is a bit low, especially since my chances of getting the one I want, are even lower. But that's just me.

18. Thav12

Thav12 Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Well, twenty miasmas are not that many. I kill them in 4-6 swings and some in even less. There are two varieties, with or without treasure box. The ones with are distinctly harder. I usually drop about 500k worth of miasmas = 200 x 2.5k. So 200 miasmas twice a week 1 in 5 with a treasure box and not getting an Arti in 3 months, I'd say kaput broken luck or no luck. Gauntlet same bs. If I were to need a tamer with a godly luck suit to do it, I can. Same difference really. To the op s point, luck is extremely broken. It currently favors chars that don't get hit and can wear a gimped luck suit.

19. Cogniac

Cogniac Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

I actually meant that the Stratics calculator is straight up broken. If you put in any value over 1340, it automatically changes it down to 1340.