1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Do you play CC or EC?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Ivor_MacGregor, Feb 3, 2012.

?

Do you play CC or EC?

Poll closed Feb 17, 2012.
  1. Classic Client Only

49 vote(s)
    39.2%
  2. Enhanced Client Only

9 vote(s)
    7.2%
  3. Enhanced Client with Pinco's custom UI

33 vote(s)
    26.4%
  4. Enhanced Client with (any) custom UI

2 vote(s)
    1.6%
  5. Classic client and UOassist

22 vote(s)
    17.6%
  6. Both CC and EC

10 vote(s)
    8.0%
  1. Ivor_MacGregor

Ivor_MacGregor Journeyman

Please do not reply to this post. This is only a poll. This is not asking which you think is better. It is simply asking which do you play as your main choice for a client.

2. NBG

NBG Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Some of us do use both you know.... you are missing an option

3. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

also CC with UOAssist should have been included

4. Shamus Turlough

Shamus Turlough Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I am watching this thread. Any attempts to delve into "BLARGGH THIS CLIENT SUCKS" will be dealt with appropriately.

5. Martyna Zmuir

Martyna Zmuir Crazed Zealot

Didn't we just have a poll like this in December?

If we are to repeat it, I agree that we need more choices...

6. goldenpower

goldenpower Guest

lol

no other game offers 2 clients like this. it really is a treat. we are spoiled. be happy about it instead of fighting over it.

7. EvilPixieWorks

EvilPixieWorks Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Yes... we did. And it was like well over half for CC only, then both, then EC.

Petra can add an option. Seen her do it before. :eyes:

8. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I added 2 more options to make the poll more accurate

9. goldenpower

goldenpower Guest

ok but 28 people voted and can't vote again. so the whole thing is screwed now

10. Carharrt

Carharrt Guest

I`m just curious as to why any of this matters at all?

For whatever end.... EC/Pinco`s.

11. virtualhabitat

virtualhabitat Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

One more option missing.

I play cc with uo assist and one other account cc without uo assist.

I didn't vote.

12. yars

yars Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

What if someone like me uses everything.

13. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I attempt to use the EC only... However since the EC is a bit buggy when it comes to housing design (ie when you go to design mode and say you want the walls to be "invisible" it leaves the stairs so you can't do the "broken" stairs in the EC) I'm hoping they will eventually fix this. Sometimes the stairs are totally not visible at all especially if you went 2d and broke them. They just show up as blank area's in the design mode on the EC.

Also if you do a roof in 2d it's not the same height as if you do it in the EC. So you have to totally redo the roof if you switch clients mid design. I noticed this recently on TC.

Seriously if I could I'd never use the 2d client anymore. It's been such a long time I have a heck of a time remembering simple things like how to talk! It's now become very difficult for me to help newer/returning players if they are using the old 2d client because I can't remember how to do things.

14. Ivor_MacGregor

Pure curiosity. Nothing more. Nothing less.

My apologies, I was completely subjective in not including options for UO/assist.

I too use CC on occasions. Such as, for house designing under certain circumstances. Also, when something is buggy with EC/UI. Reason I didn't include a UO/EC option was because I meant what client do you use primarily/first choice. I should have been more specific.

15. Ivor_MacGregor

Yup, same here.

Didn't know this...really good to know.

I have the same experience. I am simply too hooked on all the additional option EC and Pinco's give. I barely can recall how I functioned in UO without it and this is coming from a 14 year vet.

16. Ivor_MacGregor

I have to laugh...I really love the UO community. You guys bring such a sense of "DUH" to my day and always bring me right back to Earth! :thumbsup:

17. Ivor_MacGregor

Spoiled and loving it. I completely agree, but no one is fighting over it here *winks at Shamus Turlough* Should have included the option:
    "I use both CC/EC....I am spoiled" :p

18. Shakkara

Shakkara Slightly Crazed

EC because I find the classic client's inventory unmanageble and the screen resolution too small. I used to be a 3D player for exactly the same reasons. When 3D was discontinued I quit the game. The KR client's graphics were unidentifiable to me and I refused to play KR. Although the EC graphics aren't as they should be, they are tolerable to me. The EC is the main reason I came back to the game. I just wish the ground, water and starfield tiles would be as pretty as the 2D or (pre-AOS) 3D client's tiles, I really hate these fancypants textures. And I don't like the paperdolls, but the post-AOS 3D paperdolls were horribly ugly too. Pre-AOS paperdolls were nicest I think.

I still use CC for house customization however.

19. Adol

Adol Certifiable

To clarify my own vote; EC almost 99.9999%, but like others I keep the CC installed and up to date for the odd occasion... Housing is certainly easier in the CC as the editor doesn't seem to lag quite so badly as it does in the EC. I've not done a major redesign in over a year though.
    And I also like to cross check EC bugs before reporting them, by trying it in the CC to isolate it as EC specific. You can use the EC with Legacy Containers, so I no longer need CC to check vendors and my public library for compatibility with those users as I once did with the 3d client, but I do also like to check what things visually look like every now and then too... who knew that the pile of carrots and food on display at my picnic table would show two carrots rather than just one like in the EC, until on a whim I decided to have a full look around my house?